Monday, June 18, 2012

Trying to kick-start going for Krav Maga / Senor Tacos

For the past 2 weekends, I have been staying at home. Mainly sleeping, in the morning, after lunch, at noon. Its like the body is trying to recover from the low energy and fatigue from the last two weeks. Looking back, yar, a 6-day workweek and an event the following week. No wonder tired. Finally I am somewhat back to normal. Trying to keep up my daily work routine and also try to maintain an exercise routine, which is only once a week and just last week, finally moved to twice a week.

So far today is long and tiring, tom is going to be longer due to another event that involves me. Will be working OT. Then Wed I am deciding to go ahead for the Krav Maga course, just once so that dont stop for too long and lose momentum. Otherwise think if drag on, then surely wont take up. I think I shall just suck it up and call tomorrow then just go. I even bought an extra new ankle guard, so now I have a wristguard, a knee guard and 2 ankle guards. Yes, the age thingy is there. But to be safe than sorry. Also I do feel the weakness in the knee from the amount of stairs I climb daily. Sometimes the left wrist feels weaker. So all the guards do help.

During the conditioning workout, which only just involves a set or two of push-ups, leg lifts and dips. Then the KettleBell swing and one arm lift, only one set. I feel the wrist and knee support helping alot. They are worth the money. I did use the KettleBell 3 times so far, the initial few weeks was spent doing more of conditioning and using the resistance band I bought. Now I dont use the resistance band, just throw in one set of KettleBell. I dont feel strong enough to do 2 sets, though I did increase the no of reps in that one set I do. That's a sign of fitness I guess, though quite slowly.
_______________________________

Last Friday, the week that was ultra-slow due to the event on Tuesday. We decided to go to Mortons. As I had to work the normal office hours, cant reach there that early. Reached around 6.30pm, in time for a lychee martini and a steak sandwich. It was enough. I didnt feel like stuffing my face with alcohol. Wanted proper dinner. Felt like having a good dinner and just rest and relax.

I suggested to Tab earlier about Senor Tacos, in Chijimes. I had come across it while doing the weekly newspaper cuttings. One of the few I can remember cos it was at a place we frequent. So we got a ride from Marina to Oden and walked slowly over (at the speed of Tab due to her sprained ankle)

The food smelt good and it was full when we arrived but we got a table and ordered. I had the pork tacos which comes in 4 small soft tacos. It was surprisingly filling but I had ordered Refried beans with pork plus medium soft tacos. Their nachos is very tasty, fragrant, unlike the outside ones. Tasted pretty good and memorable. Like the array of sauce provided, from power of the spiciness to the hottest one - the Habanero, which is about 100,000-350,000 Scoville heat units (the units used to measure the degree of spiciness) Jalapeno and Tabasco sauce only has 3,500-8000 Scoville heat units. Imagine that. Quite authentic tasting Mexican food, cos the chef are Mexicans, we think. Pricing is from $13++ onwards. A whole two pages of Tequila menu. Man, they really know their tequila. Didnt try any, cos I rather have food. Quite memorable, dont mind eating again.

No comments: