Sunday, June 24, 2012

L'entrecote & Mexican salad Totasda is very sinful...

Yesterday We met up to eat at the other steak frites place, L'entrecote. Arrived there before the crowds came. Nice place except the tables were really close n gettin in and out of the inner seats requires one to be Candle's size or with the help of the waiters, they move the table so u can get up. Sadly the steak frites wasnt as god as Les Bouchons, the one we went to for my birthday. The special sauce was okay and the steak portion not entirely large. We ate up all the fries to fill the stomach. Luckily the redeeming factor was we had enough stomach to eat the desserts which were very good. If I ever go back, mainly would be to try the entrees and the dessert.

We ended up in Pigeon Hole and I got to taste the Brother's Festival Cider 7% alcohol. It's the final in their normal range. Collected them all, yeah!
_________________

On Sat, Candle n I agreed to meet up to try out the new Mexican fast-food place - BajaFresh. In the morning, I had eaten a meat dumpling as it's 端五节, aka dragon boat festival. Saved the calories cos I know Mexican food is not low calories. Little did I know....

.... that my innocent order of the Totasda salad set ended up being a mountain of veg n salsa and cheese and gucamole and sourcream and beans and I added grilled chicken. It came contained in this Totasda which is a giant wanton-like skin shaped like a bowl which housed the entire salad... It was bigger than my face. Luckily I was hungry and ate it. A 'Woman vs Food' moment. Slowly chewed and ate my way til the last bite. Woman won, food lost, calories utterly destroyed...

Walked around after and caught the movie -the Dictator, just turn off the brain and laugh at the stupid jokes. After we walked towards Orchard area, endedup in Jones again. I thought I would have to eat dinner with Quetzal n Candle, which was not to be cos they going for respective dinners each. I didn't get the memo, so I decided by then I could eat my dinner. Got the tapas of baguette with sausage n potato and onions sautéed pan fried n ice tiramisu coffee...

So calories no hope, nevermind, start deficiting on Sunday onwards. Near 6.40pm, we paid n set off. Them to dinner, me home to do my KettleBell. This week have done any workout yet, at first planned Saturday but had gone out. Now can salvage back plus I found the shockingly high calories of the BajaFresh menu. Save for it's tacos, everything else is super high calories. My Tostada salad is 1140 calories!!! That's like 2/3 of my calories. So today's final damage is very high.

Will have to plan for daily 13% deficit to balance off. What a pain... Bo bian, calories really so easy to consume, so hard to limit Nd even harder to use up more. I reached home and rested. Did my workout near 10pm. Just 1 set of 20s fir the conditioning and increased to 15 reps for 1 set of KettleBell exercise. Did the swing twice. Feels good. I am actually getting fitter and stronger cos the last time was 10 reps. Nice. Slapped on muscle-cream as precaution. Tom going to do one more workout to hit the twice a week quota.

No comments: