Friday, October 05, 2012

Almost hitting ex-Uni weight - 1.7kg more

When I did my last weigh-in before my stomach acted up a bit, I had lost about 8kg from the 'Peak (pig) of my life' weight last Aug, 2011. Into the 14th month of the calorie-counting n food discipline.

Then appetite affected cos stomach was unwell n lost another kilo cos I ate soupy, watery easy to digest food that won't tax it much. Body fat down to 29.8%, from the height of 38%.

Even without this bout of stomach weakness (not caused by my calorie counting, but is my recurring problem, linked to my cough), the most obvious difference is the tummy n the pants.

Slowly over time, tummy flattened out. Now relatively much flatter but not anywhere near wash-board abs. Also my right knee hurts lesser even with extra stairs. Then the belt to buckle up my work pants. Normal was 4th hole. One period of time got to buckle 3rd hole cos tight n now reaching to the 5th hole easily. Also arms less flabby and more toned.

Some muscles are more obvious. T-shirts arm-holes are easy to fit through n my M-sized T shirts are comfortable to wear. Think if I can maintain this, I need new work pants (at least the three-quarters I wear which are super loose cos it was 1 size bigger) n maybe a new pair of jeans, not so loose.

Legs still not toned or built cos I don't do leg squats due to knee. I started doing a few squats to strengthen the weaker knee cos sometimes it aches after Krav Maga cos have to use knee to generate the power to push forward.

Overall I feel pretty good, except when my cough or the linked problem of the stomach acts up. Even yesterday's Krav Maga warm-up wasn't as taxing as before. Feel my body is lighter, am lighter on my feet.

Plus doing Krav Maga gives me a sense of the surrounding - through the scanning n peripheral vision training. Won't hard out to get myself in trouble, still beginner.

No comments: