Thursday, October 04, 2012

Sitting with my kungfu tea...

Now am seated in my favorite 满家乐 sipping on a hot kungfu tea, waiting for Krav Maga to start.

Couldn't make it for Mon/Tue cos I wasn't well. But I rested and felt fine enough to go. Tried asking if Tab wanted to go on other days eg Fri, Sat but she declined. I decided to go on my own on Thur because I don't have cca cos of impending exam, next week is exam (Wed) I need to see how its like. Maybe next week is Mon or Tue.

Krav Maga has become something like one of my regular work-outs of sort cos it usually leaves me with aches for 4 days. There's just enough time to recover before it's next week already and another round resumes. So I hope to maintain a certain discipline about it. Make it a regular feature. It adds colour n a sense of excitement to my routined life.

Plus from experience, this thing called 'muscle memory' should be kept up by regular, constant practice. So a regular practice helps. Mentally can keep thinking about the moves to internalize it.

I also don't want to break the 7-day exercise cycle. It's really hard to restart once it's broken. It's actually easier to make one do it, just to get it over n done with instead of procrastinating. The effort to restart is exponentially higher. I speak from the experience of forming an exercise routine numerous times. This is more so as I have to pack my things in the morning, change a bag, set off from work intent to head down and just do it. Even that is a routine to form.
________________

Mentally I was tired. But I arrived early abt 6pm. Stoned on bus n train, then stone with milk tea, while waiting for it to start, also power-rested.

Today's class is really amusing n fun. A lot of groin jokes. I was told I had messaged early enough, and they turned away a few with package. Package got priority, given msg at the same time. Saw familiar faces, new faces. 16 pple, a big group.

Man the warm-up is still a killer plus now touch head, shoulder, knee n toes defense practice. My first time doing. Too many things to fend off la...

Learnt about groin kick n groin kick defense. We practiced the drills with a guard to practice both L & R leg groin kick. Quite fun with one holding the guard, the other kicking.

Then we moved to one side doing groin kick, other do groin defense wearing shin guards. Ouch!!! When the contact is made, since used the shin to deflect, pain. Think tom going to bruise. Then do a variation for groin defense plus follow through.

It's quite effective and nice to use the legs for a change. At least for me, the aches can now move to lower body instead of always is my shoulders, arms n back. The good thing is I am getting really toned coupled from the weight loss. Becoming leaner n fitter n stronger. Quite refreshing. Will suffer the aftermath tomorrow. I will try to keep up with it weekly.


No comments: