Monday, October 01, 2012

Almost constant muscle-aches

Well thanks to my goon-do idea to go for Krav Maga the night before the work event. So little wonders I was tired the next day. Again with the delayed effect of the aches (usually it intensifies the following day) so I had some stiffness at most.

Then on the day of the event, I had 3 roles... Wtf? But bobian, just do. So had to carry keyboard, then 4 chairs, then those dividers used in banks for pple to queue, 3. I carried one in each hand, later went back for the last one. Walao, early in the morning already like having a workout. Little wonder why the following day, Fri, I was kinda sore, especially the shoulders...

So that day at the event, I was both camera-woman n later on once the event started, one of the video-grapher... Wah like whole event got things to do one, no break. I couldn't enjoy the event cos I was filming... Man mentally n physically tired after all that.

Then guess what, that after-event party, where I only offered my 5 bottles of spirit, dunno how I ended up being the bartender??? So they set up a drinks station and I was there using my measuring jig to mix Gin-tonic, tequila sprite, Lamb brother, tequila sunrise, screwdriver and the refills of non-alcoholic requests like pure juice, coke, sprite, tea etc, with slices if lemon or lime squeezed in...

Man I was glad I recognize the fact that I would be digging my own grave if I decided to bring the cocktail mixer. Cos the next day was kinda heavy for me. That's why only the jig. I had thought that they would mix themselves. I didn't remember agreeing to be the bartender. But in the schemes of all things plus mistranslation n misunderstanding, that's how things went.

Actually I prefer to just mix the drinks as the bartender. Can avoid all the small talk. Nothing much to talk about, don't feel like answering bo liao qns. So I sat at the make-shift 'counter' and serve what colleagues wanted. Some ask for recommendation but most I could do was the Lamb Brothers until the pineapple juice ran out. Later it was Tequila Sprite with lemon or lime squeezed in. The stronger drinkers went for Whisky on the rocks or Gin tonic with lime or lemon. A couple of colleagues who are around longer came over to chat a short while. These I didn't mind

but the fatigue did pile up... I made 4 cocktails for myself n ate little of the food. But I drank mainly tequila which clears up after the initial high unlike the rest where u get drunker n drunker. So after 3hrs of it, I was really zombified. Reached home n lights out.

Next day had to drag myself to work. Lessons was hard cos students couldn't focus due to fatigue. I tried very hard not to let fatigue show but it came out through some mistakes... Well we all had a good laugh about it. Man, after slogging through that, had to go to recee that Fort Canning for over an hour. I was ready to white-flag. Power rested 5 mins waiting, slept on the cab ride n drank a Rootbeer to power on.

I wanted to head out but nobody was free, so I went to eat the nice fish soup in PS foodcourt. Took bus home n knocked out.

Sat felt extremely tired though I headed out still, for lunch n dinner, spent some hours at Quet's house. That massage chair help soothe the muscle-aches... But reached home zonked.

Sunday I actually did a workout with conditioning plus KettleBell n shadowed 3 of the recent lessons. Still could practice the guitar, read a storybook n listened to the radio. Later tired n stayed indoors.

Today woke up like battery half full... Coughing quite badly that left me feeling drained... again some muscles sore... Super long day n I felt light-headed. Decided if I really cannot, won't go for Krav Maga. At most I'll do a workout when I feel better. Feels like immunity issue, haven't mc at all since the start of the year. Rather rest to go a longer distance.


Will try to take it easy though it's a heavy heavy day.

No comments: