Friday, October 19, 2012

Awake at 2.30am...

Today is another work event whereby the different levels head out to an area to sketch n do painting. For the second year, I'm headed to the same venue.

So I went more prepared. In my exercise gear with knee & ankle guards plus sport shoes. My job as it turned out was to rotate every half-hourly among 3 designated spots. I still had some files n books to check which I packed into my backpack n brought along. Cleared all except one which I later cleared it at the workplace n returned to students.

I was glad in a way I didn't have to take pics, which meant I didn't have to climb all over Fort Canning with the slopes n hilly incline. I did that last year and ended the work day with a sore right knee. Today was better.

Though it was abruptly cut short by the rain which poured near lunchtime. I was under shelter then and just stayed and ate lunch more leisurely. It was kinda heavy so the students were gathered slowly n after an hour... Or it felt like an hour, we headed back. Not that I don't have some discipline issues n eye-ball rolling... Think this year I really rolled my eye-balls too much...

Didn't have to go up until near dismissal, so cleared the coming lesson observation of sort, the plans, ws n list of questions I would ask. Finished the last 2 parts, photocopied n submitted to the other 2 colleagues to do the rest. Already decided with them the timing n date. All done and headed home.

Super-shacked, after dinner zzzZ and woke up at 1.35am, had to drink Chinese meds, brush teeth, wash face etc. Now 2.41am and haven't gone back to sleep yet. Think I can but just not as restful.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to Indian food courtesy of my final Groupon. Haven't been looking at it at all. Got rid of that habit if daily checking. Still on it now n then but I am careful with the deals I buy, not so much impulse. More of dining deals, goods. No courses, most are not convenient.

No comments: