Friday, October 26, 2012

Hectic, tired, glad for the long weekend

The craziness n hectic work of the past 2-3 weeks caught up with me.

Energy levels are down, fell asleep after dinner only to wake up in the wee hours of the morning, then try to go back to sleep. Not well-rested in the mornings then.

Just by Monday itself, I was sooo tired mentally. It's the final day of 'jagar-ing' so it meant an end to the 9 torturous days of having to raise my voice, glare, stare, look at certain nosiy individuals to intimidate into silence that is so rare daily in the class due to weak mgt by the form teacher. Daily I am rolling my eyes...

Tue, a heavy day of lessons n I had my observation of sort. It was a mix of formal n informal at the same time. Many and I meant many colleagues, even those not of the same subject came in and sat thru the entire lesson. Students were intimidated by the sheer no of pple n pairs of eyes, were initially quiet. I didn't care abt the visitors. I had told them I will focus on them and they could do like-wise. They warmed up n relaxed enough to make jokes even, made me laugh. It did liven up the activity. Had CCA and had to rush for Krav Maga after so the post-conference was the following day.

Wed - Lessons plus another set of visitors to another class, this time the diff class became really quiet until called upon. But they were doing well before visitors came in. Got to talk to the visitors after the lesson, some sort of interview. Had CCA.

Then post-conference for the lesson yesterday... Sometimes I wonder while certain pointers like gp work, pair work suggestions are raised, other comments seem to be say for the sake, plus activity doesn't always need to be paired with writing. Plus in the time frame of 20-25mins, doing it for the first time in the series, I want to lead it, to be a teacher-directed form, instead of pair/gp, but those are relevant for future ones when they get the idea of it. Can see the certain 'mindsets' of colleagues who think in a very stereotypical manner abt how a language lesson should be carry out. But they noted the positive rapport between the interactions, that would encourage the love of the language.

(my earlier lesson set had gp work planned in it but tio cancelled so waste my effort in planning, hence the switch to a simpler one upon short notice) Needless to say after that concussed after dinner n woke up near 3.30am wide awake. Had to try to go back to sleep.

Thur - still heavy, my batteries were low. Plus CCA again, 3 consecutive days, plus OT these past few days. Too tired after work, just want to go home n hibernate. Ate, then read a book, watched anime n fell asleep until 1am... Now trying to go to sleep again.

Think R&R is in order. Rest n relax, then exercise then can go out. Need to clear the mind n too much 'dust' from the daily grind. Need to recharge n refresh my perspective that is greying from the dust accumulated.

Because just only scrapped past the 8th week of the 17 weeks term. I feel my machinery starting to malfunction from the hectic-ness (had an exam, 2 events, observation) and more lessons and one more exam and more level events happening. Need the boost to pull through.

Also need to recharge the spirit n the positivity, otherwise would just be stuck in a work-rout with dull senses.

No comments: