Monday, October 29, 2012

Red Bull Flue-Tug

Tab n DF n I met up at noon to eat lunch at Baguette. All of us chose the wheat bread which is kinda tough after toasting, will go for white next time.

We headed over via the Sky-Train, with the rest of the "WilderBeast" herds, all headed to the same direction. They had very tall barriers to herd u into a winding queue, towards the skytrain n back.

We reached the Siloso beach very glad that we had umbrella n sunblock on. I was worried abt my nose cos I was suffering a much milder outbreak dunno due to what I did last Thur... I used the umbrella already and was perplexed why still tio a much milder case of pimple-nose...

Luckily as of now, Mon evening, no sign of massive outbreak. Kept slapping on the Oxy acne cream, moisturizing n sunblock on it.

Anyway we were really glad we didn't just plan to be there from noon. By the time we were there, it was almost 2pm, but we still saw about 13 teams 'fly' their crafts. There were 38 teams in all.

Man the sun was scorching, flaming... And many were in their beach wear frolicking n prancing around like it's normal cool weather. If I was a plant, I would have wilted. The crafts we saw were funny cos of the jokes by the emcee, the Muttons. Got crab, goldfish, Nemo, Chicken, ERP gantry, durian, char siew pao steamer, anvil... Really a lot of variety. Very Singaporean theme. Laughed a lot from the jokes, really feel like out of country.

My toes were ironically the ones getting sunburnt, midway slapped on some sun block. Tab n I went to dip our hot feet into the waters. It was surprisingly cooling, but the walk through the beach meant sand n friction n discomfort... Until we washes the sand off.

Made another "WilderBeast" migration back to VivoCity n we grabbed a quick bite from the basement. The air-con restored our appetite n all of us indulged in fried food. They had the 鸡排, 炸翻薯. I had a fried chicken wing n nugget from Old Chang Kee. Their chicken wing is nice, esp drenched in tomato sauce, so reminiscent of my Pri school days.

Later headed to town to go to see a book fair of sorts. I was keen on dinner. We ate at Bugis Plus at the KungFu Paradise cafe. Their food is not bad n not overly expensive. Think my Stylo Kungfu Coffee kept me up a bit last night.

Walked around n saw this huge screen with live cyber match going on in one of the cybercafe. Cool, it's really been a long while since I did LAN gaming. That game was the same format as CounterStrike. Walked a bit to explore n got a ride back, so glad to have a bath to wash off the sweat, sun block.

But I woke up this morning very stoned, by the end of just today, so tired. Had a level event where I missed one lesson but had to be there for 2.75 hrs... Bad trade. Was camera woman, so walked around the venues to take pics, from the start until the end. Tired. Nothing else was done.

Tom is heavy heavy day... Hope to use my free periods to make something. Will try to take it easy...

No comments: