Monday, January 28, 2013

Belated Birthday Post

This year, I'll change my perspective of ageing. Instead of getting older, it's that I've lived one more year. With decent health, family and friends who do care about me, what more can one ask for?

(So never mind that I am rather solo and lonely at work cos don't talk to colleagues much, at home also don't talk much with Dad. Just a bit with mom and sometimes sisters. I do think sometimes I am not an easy person to live with, too lone wolf but there are still those who care, so I am grateful.)
______________

On the actual day, Quetz met me for dinner at SoupSpoon. Nice of her to ask about my day. Though it was really hectic and had to raise my voice at a student, another ordinary day. Helped me look through the band score sheet and explained to me the meaning of that "D.S" symbols. Later I indulged in a Non-fat Green Tea Latte, soy one just doesn't do it. She kindly drove me home, so I got home near 10.30pm. Bathed and slept.
______________

I have to play the rhythm part as part of the band performance for graduation... Got the band score on Mon and have been slowly working through it. For me, somewhat noob, my sense of rhythm is not so strong especially when playing a slower song, I have the tendency to speed up. Also strumming pattern, I have a limited vocabulary. Have to memorize the chords for the entire song also, challenging.

On Sat, I woke up around 7am cos at 8am the water supply would be turned off until 6pm. Later on I continued working on that rhythm guitar part. Played and played until my fingers tio blisters. Was about 1/3 thru.

By today, I am about 3/5 through, can link up the parts and play up til the midpoint, chorus. Just a few parts I'll have to check with my colleague. Still challenging to play with a much slower tempo, play the chords from memory. Blister peeled off to reveal another blister below the skin. Power.
_______________

This year, I got to eat at Ohsumi restaurant after giving it a miss last year. Wasn't sure cos of the beef but as I was reminded, it's my birthday so I am the Boss.

I think I ate over-calories cos we finished so many platters of meat though they were thinly sliced. We surmounted 2 Mt Cabbages, and continued on. I really ate until full. Thanks friends for making time and paying for my share.

Later we walked around to digest and let gravity pull the meat down our bellies. So tempted by the Diseguel sale but this month, spent quite a bit... Have to wait until next month.

At Dempsey which had a number of lots, we went to Bens&Jerry and shared a banana float with 3 scoops of ice cream. Though I wasn't even supposed to eat anything cold, ate still. Can't remember when was my last ice-cream. Really quite a long while ago.

Think the over-calories would take me 2 days of porridge and 2 days of Krav Maga to hopefully burn off. Before I fly...

No comments: