Sunday, January 06, 2013

Menya Musashi Tsukenmen x 3倍, spring cleaning, Uni jeans

First off, I resolved to tidy up my room and chuck some stuff. But when I was trying to tidy my stuff, my mom's tower of plastic bags toppled. So I tidied up the shelves that were hidden behind that mountain of her stuff.

Started, I carried downstairs 2 bags of paper eg envelops, forms etc that builds up over time and drop them into the recycling bin downstairs. Then I finally dug out all the Uni books and my Bro's books plus my notes and chucked them into the recycling bin again. That took another 2 trips using the recyclable bags. Lug one bag on each side and carried downstairs, walked past the coffee shop to the dumpster where the recycling bins are located. Then I had to dismantle the rusty weights my bro left for me but I kinda never used. Packed them into two bags but too heavy, so I packed another bag of old unwanted comics n another bag I put in some of the weight plates. Then went another trip for the bulk of the weight plates. Had to go another trip for magazines and more books that were just lying there left unread. Just close the eyes and throw. What's the use of those... Threw away old video tapes and wiped the dust and swept the floor.

Then the freed up shelf spaces, about 8-9, I stuffed my mom's stuff into them so that I can chuck that stupid table that blocks access to the shelves and she would pile bags and bags of stuff over it and it infringes and tilts into my stuff that I can't access my boxes n my clothes drawers without the risk of toppling. I opened up some of those bags cos got big bags small bags and stuffed some of the small items together, tie the bag and stuff into the empty shelf. I told her I am GOING to throw that small table and she better not pile more stuff infront of the shelves. So now the shelves are accessible with just 2 bags of her stuff infront instead of a huge mountain. I can finally open my clothes drawers easily and can reach my boxes more easily without having to fear about toppling. It was a monumental task. Sweated a lot from the heavy loads carried on the at least 5-6 trips to the recycling bins.

Tomorrow I will tidy up my clothes and get rid of the worn ones to make space. And chuck that small table when my Dad isn't around asap.

Took a bathe to wash off the dust and sweat from cleaning. Still have to continue tomorrow with my clothes. Will give those still okay to Salvation and make sure my mom cannot look through and take back some others... Some things must clear if not no space. Olden days habit of keeping clothes that is still wearable has not much meaning nowadays or stuff... Plus no space. If not chuck to the recycling bin too.
_______________

Met up with Quetzal for dinner. That Jap Osaka food had a long queue. Walked past Soupspoon also full. I went to Menya Musashi, but they would only let me in when she arrived. So got to wait...

I was hungry and decided to try the 3x Tsukenmen just to see if I could do it. Well, work's starting next week.
Won't have this type of chance and appetite to do this type of crazy feat. Had the black soup. The noodles and soup is nice but the toppings are so-so. Tori King, is the toppings are generous and delicious but the noodles and soup so-so. I could finish the 3 times noodles but I think this'll be my first and last time doing that. Think 2 times is optimal. I didn't drink the Black soup though I still had quite a bit after finishing my 360g of noodles dipping in it. Cos I remembered how greasy it was the last time I had the ramen version and slurped down most of the black soup. Had to drink 1liter of Oolong tea to remove the greasy feeling. Without drinking my soup, just dip in, slurp the noodles, though I ate a lot of noodles, no greasy feeling. Just two cups of tea is fine. In case u are wondering, with 3x the noodles, I overshot my calories for today. But I didn't exclude the soup calories. Just rather over-estimate, than under-estimate. This will be my once-in-a-lifetime feat again. I will stick to is 2x from today onwards.

We walked around the aid digestion. Gravity pulled the 3c noodles down my stomach, can feel it settling down plus tea n feel full.

In Marks & Spenser's sale, I bought 2 Khaki type pants for $30 each after discount. The long khaki, I took the size 10, can fire comfortably, the other is a 3/4 in size 12 that is a bit loose but very comfy material. So good. The size 10, I can use to remind myself to maintain and not put on. It'll be my gauge if I put on weight, definitely can't wear the size 10. My work khakis are size 14, only one is 12 after that round of wardrobe-changeover. That time, I was in the 68kg range. So now all my work khakis and jeans are loose.

A couple of days back, I was looking through my jeans and decided to try them all. My current jeans (from the wardrobe changeover) are all loose. I found an old pair of jeans from my Uni days and could wear it comfortably. My sister had a pair of jeans mixed into my stack so I didn't know. Put it on, can fit but don't remember having such a design, asked them, turned out to be hers. I was thinking then, "not bad man, I can fit into my Uni jeans." Really is a good thing which I would have thought was impossible 2 years back at the "Pig of my Life". I laminated 2 pics of myself, the slimmer one myself in JC/Uni as a comparison and motivating factor. Thought it was impossible to ever go back to that but finally I did it. Took me so many months of conscious effort, meal decisions, exercise routines and discipline. I'm glad to have done it. Actually I had already reached my weight-loss target which was to go back to Uni weight but to be healthier. I want to lose another 4kg, to hit the lower and healthier weight for my height. The reason is to lower the body-fat percentage to a lower region. Cos I have heart n stroke risks, so an overall lowered fat percentage is better, I think.

We ended up in Macs cos all the tea places were closed about 10pm. Had my Coke Lite and guzzled in my mouth cos forgot to instruct for no ice. I was sharing with Quetzal about how exactly I monitor my calories, track my surplus n deficit calories, track my exercise routine. Hope she'll find it useful and start her own diet n lose some weight too. Lower the weight is better as we grow older.

No comments: