Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Lots of curious stares & W2KM2

Today as expected from all the starting first classes, students are asking about my hair... Tomorrow, more starting classes, again... Like never see before. It's more unusual than just entirely changing the hair color. Some tell me it's cool, some stare really hard, some think its only the tips being highlighted. An interesting look, I must say. Different from my past, need to style up the black hair a bit sometimes when I go out.

I think the reaction of students are milder than some female colleagues. I doubt the sincerity, being the person I am. Students are just curious. For the colleagues, just shows me how "stereo-typed" I was. So like any small change, big surprise... I wouldn't bat an eye-lid unless it's really outstanding or super eye-blindingly obiang. But then again, that's me. Later they over-"stereotype" and think I am havoc whereas I just drink tea. But I don't know nor care cos I'm not plugged into the grapevine nor in the gossip circle.

Anyway I am feeling both tired and accomplished. I got through the 2nd consecutive day of Krav Maga. This is the second week of this, just need another 1-2 weeks more to build up a routine. It's not as taxing nor tiring as I thought. Somewhat halfway getting used to this new routine. Revisit 'impending knife threat'. Too bad no rolling, I want to do that. Will eventually cover that I think.

I find the twice weekly practice helps me internalize the moves easier. It's a bit easier for me to coordinate simultaneous actions and do them more smoothly. Good cos I kinda lacked the space to shadow-fight in my room sometimes. Today did many many push-ups. Must slap on muscle cream.

Wed is recovery cum rest day plus I have to visit the sinseh for the weekly follow-up. So far, I've tried hard to keep to the restricted diet but still coughing somewhat with phlegm. Calories-wise, it's easier for me to accumulate small deficits on work-days. I dabao porridge n usually appetite isn't that good. Kept healthy stuff so I can only snack on bran biscuit, eat bananas n drink tea.

Hope to recover my work groove. Inspiration is lacking a bit, energy n stamina is not full-bar. Still got to stay awake to eat one more Chinese med after a 2 hr break.

No comments: