Saturday, January 05, 2013

Tri-colored hair, Sushi rolls, Wine-beer & Hotdogs

On Thur, we went for Krav Maga. My second time in 2 consecutive days. After that we went to Lil Papa Wieners where we ate a satisfying dinner of hotdog n beer.

I had the GrandCru which surprisingly tasted more like wine than beer. It's fruity n slightly sweet, no beer after-taste but has a wine-like sourish after-taste. Lite on the palate. I had a Large own-design dog and it's immensely satisfying to bite into a nice dog with a snap of the skin. Mmmm... Tab had to abstain from alcohol cos she's got to work. We ate, chatted and headed home.
______________

Friday is my last day of the hols, as in a free weekday. Headed out to help dabao lunch n lemons cos mom wasn't well. Later in the afternoon, I headed to the salon to highlight my hair n cut.

Did a highlight and lowlight plus a special request to keep some strands original black. So when it grows out, not every part has that bi-colour. My stylist suggested I leave my top layer of hair black and highlight the layers under and the back. Okay with the idea. It seemed more K-pop style - the way it's colored but my hairstyle is still J-rock style.

It was a long 3hours later I left the salon. Like the ash highlights a lot. Well if the hair grows out, I won't have the prob of bi-colored hair. Like the trimmed hair too, not so thick. Cost me quite a bit (less than $200, color is cheaper) but given I will not dye until a year later, it's ok. Rest of the year is just haircut. Quite okay.
_______________

Tab was nice to come out with me to sort of mark my end-of-hols Friday. We ate sushi at the Fukuichi in 311. It's surprisingly crowded and we sat at the counter. Had a good view of the sushi rolls and we ended up ordering also.

Very nice presentation. The Seared Tuna and Seared Salmon rolls were pretty good. Tab especially enjoyed the swordfish sushi n the Tuna roll. I enjoyed my order of the Garlic fried rice with miso soup and my order of the Adegashi tofu with mushrooms n the rolls. A bit pricey cos I spent $42 but I was full and satisfied with the food. We would like to go for the set lunch if possible.

After dinner, walked down towards the mrt and made our way home.
_______________

My calories these 2 days are just OK, meaning balanced; no extra nor deficit.

I am satisfied cos I got to eat some good food this break.

Be it the Nam Nam binge, Christmas party bingeing, NYE ramen, hotdog and beer plus sushi. I enjoyed the delicious food, the relaxed company and enjoyed eating at a slower pace.

These and the Malay engagement lunch and Chinese wedding also contributed to my over-calories.

Actually some days I could deficit but I got hungry outside of the 3 meals and ate some stuff, some are surprisingly high-calories eg dried fruit chips, bak kua so kinda no extra to spare. If can replace those with healthier and lower-calorie options, can deficit but its the hols still. So will do that when work resumes.

I think once work resumes, I can almost definitely guarantee can start deficiting. Cos I think I will be having my healthy breakfast n dabao zcp porridge for a while...

I will up my workout to 4 times a week and monitor my diet to clear up the surplus b4 my bdae dinner.

Ohsumi, I WILL eat to my heart's content then.

No comments: