Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Slash Defense & My Grading

After dinner at Paragon, Quet and I spent some time walking inside. We emerged close to 10pm and headed over to Cineleisure cos it would be still open then. We saw a really large pool of blood at the entrance, cordoned off by police with a crowd peering on. We headed inside but looked as we walked on. Could smell the metallic twang of blood. There were some splatter on the entrance door but no sight of the victim. We wondered and speculated later if anyone died... 

It turned out that about 7-9pm time, a gang incident happened. A whole gang slashed up an NS guy cos they didn't like the way he walked. Confronted him at the back part Cineleisure and chased and slashed him as he turned to walk away.

That we only found out the next day on the news. We walked about Scape, there's Astons inside now, and landed in Toastbox for a poached egg n drink. Quet kindly drove me home. It's nice to get home earlier.

Then on Monday, I went for KM and due to this incident, our instructor decided to teach us 'defense against slash'. He did mention that the guy should have turned and run, so even if chased by assailants, many pairs of eyes will notice the commotion n be eye-witness and can seek help also instead of staying still n nobody will notice until you collapse and none-the-wiser. 

Of course with just one lesson, can't use this in real-life. Running away seems to be the best option. (I didn't ask what if ya are not a fast runner or have much stamina and kena chased down?) Cos I seemed to be the slowest runner in the warm-ups. Always kena tapped on the shoulder by the rest. 

I ended up clearing away my work blues on Monday but with a sore left wrist and a huge bruise on my outer right forearm. Pasted plasters and kena stared at work, asked questions about it, joked by some... the usual

Went for KM today feeling super super blue. Work is really tiring n I am getting fed-up. KM revived me. Today is basic atks, with a new bursting elbow. It is effective. After class, felt so much better, like no more troubles for now until the next day. 

Was told to gather after class regarding grading. The date is tentatively decided, I have a month before it. Advised to go for Advance class cos they are revising the grading stuff. In a sense it's good cos the advance class starts much later, so work won't affect it. Possible for me to have light dinner before. But on the other, if I leave from work, I'll have to find a place to hang until class. Preferably not too expensive and convenient. Have to see how. Hope my body is okay, then Thur, I'll go for my first Adv class and do some recee.

Tomorrow is kinda heavy, really want to have a break. The haze is affecting my throat n I am just kinda sick of being constantly tired, sleepy and unmotivated and also seeing bored faces, cos it's both ways... Scheduled sinseh visit and rest time.

Want the weekends to come... But next week is exam, and after that is more lessons =(

No comments: