Monday, June 10, 2013

What I do on an off-day

Just had a work event last Saturday, so got Monday off.

Guess what I end up doing on these rare off-days. Mundane and routined stuff. Smsed for a Krav Maga lesson so that meant I would be going out in the early evening.

Woke up a bit later, though I woke up at my usual time and just lazed around in bed. Cant go back to sleep. Went next door to eat breakfast, which is Char Siew and Roasted Duck rice plus coffee. Headed to Sheng Siong and bought a bunch of rubbish... 2 big bars of chocolate, 4 big packs of Kettle Chips, and a dozen small-pack low fat milk. Really mundane.

In the afternoon, I was thinking of going to the central to return library books and also buy some stuff such as the Korean Rice beer and toiletries. Dunno if I would use the opportunity to head out. Still got newspaper cutting to do. Better clear that before I head out.

Used the time now to open up my unopened letters, mainly bills and statements. Read and sort through. Went online to check my stock portfolio and cpf balances. And its only 11.18am. Still got time to do stuff.
_______________________

Recently I havent been watching Tv and that meant time kinda pass slowly, yet being tired a lot and sleeping, meant time passed quickly then. But I feel very little constructive stuff is done.

Stepped on the weighing scale this morning, and luckily I still maintained the bulk of my weight loss. The max loss was 12kg. But due to my sometimes decadent eating especially on Fri, Sat and Sun, I put back up to 2kg back on. Still on 10kg weight loss. I do rein-in on weekdays to balance off those days of excessive eating and drinking. Still at my uni weight. Phew. Though I am not counting calories anymore, I try to rein-in over the next week if I have been eating too much. Will try to maintain this and try to go lower still, stomach still a bit flabby and arms are getting a bit softer from the reduced conditioning. The good thing is I havent bulked up.

My left wrist is still sprained, not fully recovered, hence hard to restart my conditioning cos its more resistance training. Dont want to aggravate it. So KM for now will do. They have another 6 months package promotion. Its much cheaper and I can save a lot more. My current one is ending June. So if I take it up, I'll be going until end Dec. That's a commitment. At times I feel like slacking off due to laziness but I always remind myself that if I slack, I would stagnate.

Life is kinda stagnating if there's nothing to improve upon, nothing to look forward to. I try to remind myself of the earlier days where I stagnated a lot and that it was the courses that I kept to that made my life more interesting. And the level of inspiration that it brings to me personally. KM for now has helped me upkeep my weight-loss, maintained my health and energy levels. I think without it, I would be still my rather fat and tired self from before. So I am going to take it up, pay for it and this time try to go for 2-3 times a week instead of the current twice a week to maximize it and also to offset for times if I decide to travel or have some things on, then the number of classes somewhat balances off.

If I can lower my monthly expenditure on KM, then it opens up the opportunity for me finacially to pay for the music course that would cost me about $150 pm. I am still toying with the idea of drums but given the time, maybe I should go for the guitar one first. Partly so that I don't neglect guitar. No time during cca time to practice cos got to teach the beginners. So for me, my guitar is stagnant. Hmm... most likely will put it on weekend, cos weekdays are taken up by KM. Think music can inspire me also. Last year I drew a lot of inspiration from what I did and my experiences. Something refreshing would help me, personally to pull out of this blue-ish period of time. Ironically I have partly gotten a bit used to it but not entirely.

On the extra income part, not good. Stocks not doing that good to pay me much. Less than $1.2k gains so far, and soon it'll be halfway into the year. Dont think I will go back to doing a side-line cos I want the time to pursue those courses and for myself. I remind myself that $1k is equivalent to doing 4 months of side-line, 2hrs twice a week. So that's good enough for me as that. The stock market started moving but before it could go higher, it went downwards. So just continue to wait until its low enough to buy or high enough to sell. Nothing in my portfolio is getting much capital appreciation. Just some dividends, hence the lowered gains. Just have to be patient then.

No comments: