Monday, June 20, 2005

1) Person of Action

A person of action is what I am proud to have become. The same me two years back would not make any moves until every factor is accounted for, until every consequences examined. Now I am different. What I am driving at is, I aam willing to invest some time, money and effort to master new skills and explore my passions. The newest course I have signed up for is Lead Guitar aka electric guitar at Yamaha. Date of commencement, 2nd Jul, every Sat. Really want to master at least one instrument in my lifetime.

Hopefully guitar together with Hip hop, Jap and regular gym will rejuvenate my passions and inject spice into an otherwise routine existence.

2) NIE starts.....

Today marks the start of registration at NIE. Details are hazy until the briefing today. BUT I had to wake up at 6.45AM in order to reach there on time. (Imagine suddenly waking up in the morning when previously I woke up well after noon...) Basically I had guessed that this would mean my holidays are going to be cut short. I was right. This whole week is an intensive lecture and tutorial for Eng grammar and stuff. Almost all are involved. The ONLY consolation is that I can skip my cca practice and performance this thursday and friday.

Anyway met up with Tab and later Turtle to go in for the briefing. Basically all of us are IN for the ride. I saw a couple of secondary long-lost classmates, but when I waved to them, they dont recognize me. (Well that just goes to show how MUCH I have changed from then til now :P Hopefully prettier? :P) Then the unimaginable image came...... we saw Leroy! Flashback... Leroy is our honours senior who graduated while we were in year 2. So that means, he had graduated for at least 3 years plus. Then saw another senior.... Small world it seems. NOW we know where Bizaders eventually go to...

Later we headed downtown to PS, where I signed up for the Lead guitar course. Maybe for now, I will put the animation course on hold. Its way too expensive to accomodate. At most I use my free afternoons to go to gym, read up on investments, learn HTML, Photoshop, Excel spreadsheet and whatever with Tab's help. Basically we hung around until dinnertime at Orchard where Turtle went off. Me and Tab continued and ate dinner. Basically there is a pattern here.

---> Early morning met Tab, ate Macs, drank weak coffee, talked
----> Waiting for briefing, drank Milo, talked
-----> Lunch at Jurong Point, chicken rice, Coke Lite, talked
------> Mos burger, Ice Milk Tea, talked
-------> Dinner at cineleisure, gyoza, white tea, talked

Hmm basically we are doing nothing much but changing venues to eat, drink and talk. But talked about many stuff until all of us suffer information overload, to a certain extent. With fellow contract educators, we exchanged experiences. For those fresh educators, we shared experiences.

3) Sleep...

Now my head is very heavy. Kinda stoned from my night-owling ways. Its so hard to just switch it back to school hours. Tonight definitely going to sleep early. I have to do an emergency switch back before school starts. However my plans were dashed by the early start of a course by NIE. My switch starts tonight.

No comments: