Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I got a LOVE LETTER. After waiting in vain for so very long, after all the relentless search and endless heartbreaks.....












I finally bought Gackt's Love Letter Album. (chey.... thought Hellbound finally found her dream guy? Nah :P)

Today did something more constructive besides lying around in bed and lazing around the house, went shopping with Tab. (well help the economy) With the start of the Great Spore Sale, I decided to check things out, with a few items on mind, laptop and some clothes.

First off, the journey begins in Plaza Singapura at 12pm. The intention was to have lunch. I ordered a Chicken cutlet. An ordinary order right, not some out-of-the-world food right. Wrong! When I first bit into the cutlet, I told Tab, "Average. Not even there." Later Tab was inclined to try.

"Hmm... it taste like soya bean. Did you taste that?" she asked.

"No... I dont eat much soya bean. But I know the taste is perculiar. Maybe that's the soya bean."

"Wonder what they did to get the soya bean taste?" Tab continued.

"Maybe they feed the chicken soya bean? seasoning? I dunno but I am getting FULL..."

Tab started laughing when she saw my bo-bian look while i crammed the cutlet into my mouth to finish it. All this while, I left my coleslaw alone. Havent ate it yet.

"Your coleslaw seems wilted. It really looks different" Tab started.

"Ya. I know. There are no sauce on it. You are supposed to add your own mayo." Proceeded to put some into my mouth.

"Coleslaw without sauce..." Tab said.

"Yep, coleslaw without its dress. Its naked." I replied.

"How does it taste?"

"Err like preserved vegetables i guess." (made another face cos my ordinary cutlet didnt turn out ordinary at all)

"Lemme try.... Yah it really tastes like preserved vegetables. Tab made a face too. "So a cutlet that taste like soya bean and naked coleslaw that tasted like preserved vegetable...HAHAHAHA!" Tab started laughing...

Finally after I got through my lunch, I promised never to order from that stall again. It has put me off the humble and tasty chicken cutlet for a while.

We continued on our way to the Yamaha music school to check out the prices of the electric guitar course. Its affordable. Maybe will take it up after I got my time-table and schedule figured out. That will be at the end of June.

After we made our way to Carrefour to get some drinks. Specifically for Tab, pandan flavoured milk. Which made me shudder with cold when she mentioned the name. EUUUUUU... I kept making that face. While walking in, we chanced upon new flavours for Nescafe. There's Tiramisu flavour and Banana Caramel. Tab decided to be adventurous and chose Banana Caramel against her normal choice for Tiramisu. Oh well, I took the Tiramisu one instead. Later she found her pandan flavoured milk and I bought another bottle of CornerStone, a red wine, which my ex-mentor said was very sweet??? Decided to give it to my dad. Belated Birthday gift? Hopes he dont nag and criticize when I give it to him.... he always does that to whatever we give him. I write about the taste after I try. Once outside, we opened up the coffee and took a sip.

"Mine, the banana taste is overwhelming... nothing much of the caramel." Tab made a face.
"How's yours?"

"... okay lor taste like chocolate. Lemme try yours..." we swopped bottles.

"Yours taste much better than mine." Tab replied.

"Yours, the banana smell is STRONG..... Very complex taste there.... like chemical."

"Man, I should have stuck to Tiramisu."

"HAHAHA! Who asked you to experiment and choose other exotic flavours. That's what you get when you laugh at your friend first." (made a face at Tab gloating over her misfortune)

"At least mine was exotic flavours, yours was just an ordinary order."

We continued walking around Plaza Singapura. Went into the sports equipment shop. I was looking for a small clip that you can use to measure the number of steps you took. Its called a Pedometer. Found it at Abi and it cost $29 bucks. A bit steep and the GSS was around so I asked if got any offers. The salesguy gave it to me for $25 bucks. So once outside the shop, I put on the pedometer and tried it out. Tab excitedly asked me to hop and jump to check if the meter was working. It is. Actually it works by measuring the up and down motion one makes when walking. She shook it in her hands and the number of steps increased too. A few steps later, Tab wanted me to jump a few times again. Imagine how we appeared to other shoppers. (One girl kept on looking at her friend's hips and asking her excitedly to jump and hop.)

So we continued. Decided to shop around the small shops at the basement. Went into one cos Tab wanted this top that is like a cardigan except that there are only sleeves. I tried it on and not so nice. Tab tried too. Not nice. Went to its neighbour shop and tried on an orange and a yellow top. While I was inside the changing room. This Saleswoman came to the outside and said that the jeans are on sale and shoved in a pair of jeans. It was kinda scary cos I didnt know if she was going to pull open the changing room curtains, to leave me exposed half-naked to Tab who was waiting just right outside. So after that, I tried the orange top and the jeans. My thighs not nice fitting. So off she went to get me one size bigger. While I was trying on the other yellow top, a hand came in to hand me the other pair of jeans which I didnt even ask for. Okay tried on. Still too tight for my liking. Tab said the jeans look okay but I didnt want the jeans as I had put on some weight (people tell me its muscles... I hope so.) Though my current jeans are a bit loose, I am trying to lose this extra weight first. Maybe by then I would lose more inches and would need another pair of jeans by then. So we hurried out of the store without buying anything.

We agreed that that Saleswoman was very very aggressive. She came, opened the changing room curtains to hand over jeans that I didnt ask for, did it again and made me feel anxious whether I would be 'exposed'... While I was changing, she kept telling Tab to try out the jeans and other merchandise. Then we fled. Not EVER going back again. I dont want to feel 'endangered' everytime I am in the changing room.

Continued walking and I saw the Fox brand boutique.

"Tab, lets go to F-Men and F-Woman shop."

"What did you just said? F-Man.... F-Woman..... Muahhhahahahah!"

"What? I didnt think that way, you know. Its you."

"You are the one who said it. You know what that sounds like?" Laughter roared.

(for people who happen to be very clean-minded. Basically I say F as a short-form for Fuck. So lets go to Fuck Man and Fuck Woman.....)

I tried on a pink top just for the heck of it. Its a size 1. Both of us agreed that Pink is just not my colour. I took a green top and tried it. Nice. Size 2. Decided to try the size 1 cos I could fit into the pink one. Except for the arms where its a bit tight, the rest especially the stomache is fitting. Finally I have a piece of fitting clothing. Size 2 is just nice for the shoulders but loose for the body. So I am a SIZE 1..... There is a 50% discount so I paid $11.50, a steal for a nice top.

After we left Plaza Singapura, I had bought a pedometer, a top, a bottle of wine. Tab bought pandan milk.... Hellbound 3 v Tab 0

Made our way down towards the main part of Orchard. We went into a shop that sold a lot of thai fisherman pants and dress. Almost bought something. But for me the pants not fitting. So didnt.

I wanted to go to HMV to check out a CD. When we reached the Japanese section. I saw my Love Letter, Gackt's latest album sitting nicely on the shelf. This is opposed to a few other occasssions, where there was absolutely nothing after the album was released for a month. I finally found it. There was also the soundtrack for Howl's moving castle. CD ga hoshii desu ne. Almost wanted to grab that and the soundtrack of Spirited Away all at one go. Luckily I restraint myself and listened to Howl soundtrack. It contained all the tracks from the movie but as the music is purely or performed by orchestra, I changed my mind. Too much of it will put me to sleep. Maybe I try to find my favourite tune online first.

In the end, I paid $53 bucks for the album. Very expensive ne! I agree but you havent seen the rest. A jap single cost $30, some jap albums cost over $80 dollars. The FFIX complete soundtrack which I paid $50 bucks for cost $91 for the original. So for this original album from Japan, $50 bucks is expensive but not the most expensive. Thank God. Otherwise I might not be so suportive for the albums. Then his last album I also paid $52 bucks. But I kept on listening for 1.5 years until this new album so I believe its very very hua shuan. His last album kept me alive while I worked in ShittyBank. I would bring my discman for lunch and listen to Gackt's songs. It kept me sane. Tracks like Last Song sooth my anger. It was something that kept me going. Cant wait to listen to this album.

I can say to myself... "I got a Love Letter from Gackt-san! Gackt-san, AISHITERU!"
(sense the desperdoness in that)

Oh well, I am in a bit of heaven. I always am whenever I manage to buy the comic or CD that I really wanted.

Dinner was at Pasta Mania at Cinelesiure. Earlier while walking down from OG, Tab told me she had tuition later. She would go home, change out of her shimmery fisherman wraparound pants, grab her BOOBs and off she'll go.

Wait a sec! I heard her say BOOBS. I swear. She meant BOOKS but omitted the sound of 'K'. Then she started saying that maybe I am not getting enough of it... getting desperate or horny or something. Err whose the one whose been blogging about all the lovey dovey stuff online and also thinks changes in the SEX LIFE... I think we all know who is horny. *winks*

After dinner, we left for our separate ways. Been an enjoyable day but things have not ended yet for me. I was going to Intense Animation for the free preview of the animation course that I was quite interested in. So there was showcase of Maya the program for projects like Final Fantasy games, Spiderman movie, Lord of the Ring and many more. Then an actual demonstration by the instructor and later some hands-on for us to play around with. I must say the user interface is scary but very very interesting.

Nnot to mention, there was a rather handsome instructor, tall and nice build and face and hair and voice.....

Okay, basically animation is divided broadly into character animation and background animation. To put the two together like a movie, requires compositing. An editing course which they also offer. This course deals with character modelling, very specific. Also has elements of background animation or what they call other elements modelling. Which can be put together too cos they have a bit of compositing to create the project clip. There are 4 aspects of character modelling, Modelling, Animation, Rendering and Dynamics. Its damn cool with what they can do. Its up to your imagination. With this course, you can model any character, create your own, manipulate its actions. Man I can try to model GTS into a real-life model with actions. Imagine all the flying markers.

In all aspects, its great! The only thing is the prohibitive price-tag $4.2k. Yep, totemo^3 takai desune!!!!! There is good news. To those who belong to the Infocom sector, there is a grant of $2.1k. So you pay effectively half. There is also a credit card instalment scheme whereby you pay $700 p.m over 6 months. Great except I dont belong to the Infocom sector by training or otherwise. Why arent there any training rebates for Educators? Unfair!!!! And I dont have a credit card.

The next course is in September. I will think about it, work out my finances to see whether I can afford driving, guitar, jap, hostel rent and Animation for the next six months, also whether I have the time to do so. Maybe I should quit my tuition to fully concentrate on all the things I want to do over this one year before REAL work starts. Still considering.... Money woes...Sign

No comments: