Friday, June 17, 2005

Re-visit NUS

I was lazing around the home around two in the afternoon yesterday cos I just woke up. Yes. I just woke up at two in the afternoon. I sense green eyes. Well I slept very very late the night before, flooded by unpleasant memories...

So after a light lunch, I was slouching around, too lazy to move, cant find anything to do... My sister told me that the NUS canteens have been renovated so much so that there are delicious food there. Esp the Engine canteen now called The Techno. Yingel (my younger sister) was raving on and on about the roti prata there. How crispy and tender, how it was much more delicious than the Fong Seng ones. Then Geoky (youngest sister) raved on how the Jap food was delicious and cheap also around three-fifty for a set. Okay since its still my holidays, I might as well go back to visit and try out the food that I've missed.

Geoky and moi made our way to The Techno, to discover that the Jap stall was closed..... AHHHHHH cos by then it was already four. Nevermind there was still the prata. I admit it is cheap. 70 cents for prata with onions. Crispy and tender inside. Tasty sauce also. And the Indian guy can speak fluent Hokkien. Geoky bought char quay tiao which were so so. I saw an Indonesian bbq stall also but too bad I dun have 4 stomaches to stomach all of the stall's food.

After finishing the food. We continued walking on to the newly improved Yusoff Ishak House and cos it was a hot day, we decided to hop into somewhere with air con. We went in to Genki sushi. Geoky was worried that we wont be eating but somehow I was still hungry. Sat in an almost empty Genki sushi, drinking Green tea from tea powder, I finished off 4 plates of Unagi sushi. Then there is the green tea ice cream with red beans. Oyishiii yo! My treat to her. But cos of her weakened stomach, she didnt eat ast much as I did. Hehehe... these few days my appetite is horribly huge. I can eat a mountain of food. Really earlier on monday, went to the temple and ate some vegetarian food there. I took a MOUNTAIN of rice, with lots of veg over it and finished all of it. It was like 3-4 times what my mom took. They stared at my mountain of rice and asked me whether I could finish it. Which I did. Man this is not helping my diet. Havent really lost weight... then a bit lazy ne. Went dilligently to gym 3 times last week but come to this week, I still havent gone once and the week is almost over.

After staying at Genki for a very long while, while I demolished at least 5 plates of sushi, dessert, and many cups of green tea, we made our way back to Bizad. Sadly nothing too much has changed in terms of the food except there was a new stall selling Vietnam food. Unfortunately the only stall opened then was the Confectionary one. Nice food trip. Definitely on my list of food places when I move into hostel at NTU.

No comments: