Monday, June 06, 2005

Another Blue Monday...

Today is just one of those days you really really hate.
The day, Monday.
The time, a Monday during your holidays.
The place, back to school.
For, cca at 11am.

Oh well so when I walked intot the staff room, saw a few collegues and my ex-mentor. The first thing he said to me "Kenasai, what ARE you doing here?" I replied, "Cca..." So this happened with a few other collegues who saw me including the VP. (seriously I rather have an uninterupted holiday if you dont mind)

So once I reached there, started doing some admin work for the cca like updating the name list, cca work plans. The VP then came and wanted to chat with me. With regards to NIE and the pilot-program thing that I was selected for and also with regards to the relief episode during Term 2.

Basically there were many mcs during Term 2 and during one of the week, I was doing full-day relief from Monday to Friday. The following week this continued. So I asked the HOD who was doing relief that time, why was there such an arrangement. (I didnt really say out that I observed that the other trainee B, got off with much lighter or no relief for that period.) The response was along the line, you are contract, others are perm with own classes. It natural for you to take over relief. Of course I wasnt remotely satisfied with that answer. So I asked my ex-mentor why did I get this type of relief duties where B didnt seem to get as much. He also told me in a qian bian manner, "Well you are extra what." Wa lao. Then he mentioned that mgt dont trust B and D so they rather put me in. So being trustworthy is a bad thing sometimes especially if you get to do more work instead.

My response to the VP was that I was quite stressed out as I had to do full-day relief for more than a week and was away from my own class so long that when I went back, I was totally lost. Also the things that I wanted to go through with them had to be done one week plus later. Also stressed about what to do with the relief class. I have just 5 mins to plan the activities for the class. Even if there are lessons, I am not familiar with the syllabus but no time to even take a peep at the textbooks. And worse, I dont know where the teacher put her stuff. She told me when my ex-mentor alerted them to my unhappiness with the relief time-tabling, they investigated and found it to be true that the HOD did up the relief timetable in the most convenient manner, easy just chuck a contract teacher there. She told me that I could give them my time table so that they can plan according to it. I did, but I cant remember whether I gave it to him before or after the episode. Oh well, had to talk with the P as well. Luckily I was not at fault. Phew.

That aside, went to the gym around 2pm. I have not gone to the gym for 1 full week. I missed out on it as my sister was warded in hospital on Wed evening. I had planned to go gym around thur and fri but changed my mind. We visited her during the afternoon and evening. So I dont go for the afternoon visit, stay at home. Then I played alot of online games, so when its evening, go and visit her, then have dinner. By the time I can exercise, its already time to sleep. This continued until today. Dont worry, she is discharged today. So its lots of rest for her. Hence I began my regime again.

Man, just being inactive for 1 week can do wonders to your body.... I keep on having this 'I am FAT feeling' and my usual weights seemed heavier now. In order to jump start the body, I did much more cardio, all 1 hr 10 mins of it, followed by machines, free weights, stretches and abs. It was much longer than my usual, 2.5hr. I intend to up my cardio in order to lose that extra weight fast. I had gained 5kg inspite of going to gym regularly... Want to lose it. Only way, Cardio. So bo bian, I am going to do 1hr cardio every workout. See whether I lose that flab and gain more definition at the end of June. BUT it feels GREAT after a workout.

Hmm incidentally after buying the Pedometer (measures how many steps you take), I have been diligently monitoring my total number of steps I take. Yesterday very sendentary, less than 2000 steps. 11K steps when I went shopping with Tab. 12K steps today when I go for Cca and gym. Average ranges from 3k to 5k. A good gauge of laziness during this holiday I guess.

[To Tab]

Hey after going through with you the endowment plan in the most simplest manner, you still say its greek... Finance ga heta desu ne! Yo. If you really dont understand, fine, I just tell you the amount to save, you save it okay but not in a piggy bank, in a bank account with no atm available. One you have to physically go to draw out money type. This can force you to save.

No comments: