Friday, December 07, 2007

1 week of holidaying and the funny things that happened

For starters, its been a week of gluttony and sloth at home. Hardly exercising, sleeping poorly (will explain later), hardly going out save for chores or jap class.
Havent gone about to sign up for any guitar course yet... Another 2 daunting tasks still await me ie clean up the remaining part of my table in the living room and clean up the pig-style of the room that this 'pig' currently resides in.

It is very reluctant of me to start tidying up the rest of my table n room cos that is what I have exactly been doing at work. I had spent 2 days tidying and packing up my workstation and another day to unpack at another workstation and do it up to my liking, making sure I remember where I put my stuffs. Hence another housecleaning task really really is too much for me in such a short time. The plus point is I cleared part of my table, the sides where I chuck my bags and alcohol into those big storage boxes. Its more organized, just left my actual table, clothes in the room etc etc... *groans*

The second thing is I have not been sleeping well, NOT due to mapling until the wee hours of the morning. But the fact that I had to open the window in the room. What's up with that. Well my usual habit of closing the windows, closing the door so that I can sleep in complete darkness with minimum sound. That habit of mine was mentioned to the sinseh and he said that it is not healthy. Therefore I had to open one pane of window when I close off the rest. Fine. I did it, for the past few weeks. And the result is my darkening eye bags. Couldnt sleep well at all, I havent had a decent night's rest since. WHY? Cos it got cold in the middle of the night, I will wake up shivering and irritated to find I had kicked aside the blanket and was chilling cold. Bad enough to have wake up once a night. NO. Around 4-5am, I would be woken up by the sounds of truck and buses zooming past the estate to deliver passengers or goods... Then there is the irritating sounds of birds chirping around 6am, plus the irritating bird with the damn loud cry. Then there is the sun filtering in through the curtains that light up the room like some fireworks. Then the room would get hot like a toaster oven... Think you get the picture? It was quite bad enough with the usual glare and heating up of the room in the early morning. BUT now as the window pane is open, I can HEAR all the sounds made by the vehicles, birds etc. ARGH!!!

K enough of that ranting... I try to make do by covering my eyes with my bolster, then making my pillow indent and lying in it so that the pillow covers both my ears.

Onward to amusing incidents that happpened over the span of the week.

1) Went to Vivo with my dad n sister as part of our leave and accompanying my dad. We parked at lobby A, which is at the Branded belt in Vivo ie the part where all the branded boutiques are situated. We headed to Giant cos I wanted to buy a large storage box to put all my clothes and stuff to pack up the room. Anyway to cut the long story short, my sis and I had to take turns to push the unglam supermarket trolley past Giant, through most of the Branded belt, avoiding many many people. Its kinda embarassing partly cos there was no one else pushing a trolley around save baby strollers and partly we were a bit conscious of how unglam it was to be doing what we did. BUT we put on straight faces and brave fronts and pushed the trolley as nonchalantly and as natural as we could T_T" Anyway we comforted ourselves saying that we arent famous or what and we were helping our dad with the heavy stuff and how if many people wanted to stare, then we successfully made them stare without having to dress to the nines or wear branded stuff. Hooray...

2) Last friday, on the drive back from pit-stop in Quetzal's car. I noticed a cab with car no 4444. Hurried motioned for the rest to take a look. One made a joke about how if you had made a cab reservation and the operator confirmed with you saying "Your cab, 4444 is on the way." How would one react? Another joke was if you had an extremely bad day, then you decided to flag down a cab to take your exhausted body home and this cab 4444 stops for you. What would your reaction and thoughts be? Yesterday, on my way home from Jap class (sat got something on, so attended thurs class), I hopped tiredly onto a bus. The bus no is 7474. What a coincidence? I was wondering if I should be worried for my safety and sent some joking sms to friends to check their reaction. Well I made it home safely in one piece. That says volumes about being superstitious about just some numbers related to 4.

Hmm thats all that is happening. Some moments kinda boring, some kinda routine, some kinda interesting and is revealing to the person eg who would have thought pushing a supermarket trolley could be eventful?

No comments: