Monday, December 31, 2007

The End of 2007 and onto 2008

It leaves a bitter-sweet taste when I try to recall what I have done for 2007. Its easier to think of it this way, work is the Bitter part and my freetime is the Sweet part.

Lets recap, 2007 Resolutions stood at....
1) Achieve Work-Life Balance - by not being too hard on myself n cutting slacks.
2) To make time to go gym 2-3times a week, Learn the bloody guitar at a nearby place n Maple.
3) Try to manage my finances so that I can bum in Segamat as a tutor after bond! Time to read tat Technical Analysis book.... I have 1yr to finish reading...


I am kinda glad that especially during the longer holidays, I went about to do more interesting stuff besides Mapling, which can be eventful provided there are events to do, eg fighting Giant snowman.

The cocktail-mixing with the book and balloon-twisting are fun, especially the cocktail mixing. Its something I have been interested in for a few years. But things got sidelined as work came along.

The trip to KL, shopping at JB were fun and refreshing especially given the boosted financial power.

Certain devices surely make my day, Aoi my PSP Lite and my yet un-named MP3 player. Maybe should just stick to Tab's nick for it, Midori. They help manage the immense stress from work and the travelling, esp Midori since its been with me for almost a year b4 Aoi. I am guilty of playing with Aoi even when I am at home. Its so much easier and hassle-free compared to setting up my PS1/2 with TV, online gaming with Siren and internet. Just choose and play. Then switch off or leave on standby for a break, then resume.

I surprise myself my being able to set up that Mp3 player in the blog despite not knowing a word of html, as well as, setting up the wireless network router with security. It took me a while of fiddling esp the latter (wanted to go out to jalan jalan a while near noon, but up til 3pm, I just finished configuring) Now left with configuring my sister's laptop then the more powerful wireless network can start working.

Family for being my support always. Friends (irregardless of JC or Uni hor) help to cheer me on despite the shitty days of work.

2008 Resolutions
1) Go for regular exercise -
Something I havent done this year. Not to worry, I bought this Muscle workout book (same time I bought tat cocktail book) which I can use to train.

2) Work-Life balance -
The same thing that I am not interested to climb up. Dun mind promotion but rather just have the pay increment instead of having extra work. Next year, cca and committee so far not as bad as this year. For work, am running between both sessions. I cant comment abt whether the arrangement is good or not until I have seen the timetable which is not given yet. Dun ask me why. Yes, this is still only work which is mainly for a salary. Whether it will be more than that depends on how next year goes ba.

3) Go sign up for Guitar -
Yar one of the main reasons I kinda like Aoi is the guitar solos and rifts. Still keen to learn it. When I get my time table, I will see if I can squeeze out time to go for lessons. Think Jap should be still able to continue. Again want to see if I can squeeze out time for JLPT 4.

4) Continue to be open-minded and flexible in thoughts and things I do -
Still undoing some earlier programming and still retaining my flexibility in thinking up solutions and even my approach to things. If this way cant, go another way.

5) Continue to challenge myself mentally -
Play more of Aoi, esp the game, Mind game to train my 43 year old brain to reflect its true age. Most of us dont use much of our brain in daily life. To make it work faster, more new experiences, languages, learning or just trying to involve more of your brain. Yes, after 1 day, I improved my brain age to 42.

Really Pray for a decent year of 2008, especially for work. Best wishes for all, health and wealth. Hope tio Toto and 4D hor =)

No comments: