Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Continuation of Christmas... Western style

The earlier post ended around 2pm. These are some of the stuff that transpired since then.

Near 2pm, I was still online looking for some balloon art video to make flowers. Why? Cos it would make a nice xmas present bah (not to mention cheap and last minute too) I watched the video twice, then switched off my haptop to get ready to make my way to Tab's place. Then I made the flower b4 I packed the juices and Cocktail book. It took a short while, and I was teaching my sister a few basic technique. Oh yar, it started raining near 2pm then. By the time I was out of the house, it was near 3pm. It took an hour to travel via 2 buses, lugging 6litres of juices, a shaker, a thick book all in 2 separate bags, plus umbrella and a balloon flower. Somehow I managed.

By the time I reached, it was near 4.20pm. Cos my stomach was still a bit unstable, hence when I started mixing the drink, I didnt sample it. In the end, it was an amatuerish attempt (wrong type of line, didnt muddle in the cup, didnt sample the drink first blah blah) Subsequent ones turned out much better as I got more into the rhythmn of things, as well as sampling a bit b4 serving. Halfway through, I ate turkey and coleslaw as drinking somewhat caused me to want to bite something. The turkey is oiishi. Nice seasoning and soft despite appearances. My Western part of christmas I guessed.

In total, mixed 5 Tequila , 1 Vodka, 1 Gin-based cocktails. In the order of appearance...
Tequila - Mexicola, South of Border, Rude Cosmopolitian
Vodka - Mudslide, Screwdriver
Tequila - Ruby Rita
Gin - Maiden's Prayer

After a few trial and error, it seems some of the drinks need to be more diluted with either ice or juices as its kinda strong-tasting. After blending, its a nicer mix. The only thing lacking is the different cocktail glasses to better serve the drinks. But hang in there, I am still a work-in-progress drinks mixer.

Err anyway back to the story of mixing. Soon Candle left, XR left, Krynnder n ZX left. Meaning I am left with fewer and fewer 'guninea pigs'. The last cocktail, Maiden's Prayer is a Gin, Cointreu plus orange juice. Its a stronger drink cos more alcohol measures compared to the earlier mixes. And I was the one left drinking most of it...

Alcohol count as follows, 1 cup of Grape wine, 1 inch of Choya, some of the 5 cocktails, 1 cup of Ruby Rita, 5 cups of Maiden's Prayer. Man by then, I was kinda tipsy still not drunk. Its nicer to sit down then to stand, cos a little bit shakey. After that Quetzal showed me her diving photos while we tried to sober up by drinking lots of plain water.

We still made our way safely to the bus, took bus home. Taxi too expensive with fare price increase neh. Think I will go and get my PSP after I wake up from this tipsy state I am in. Think by now very sober except still a bit sleepy.

If can get Grenadine and Vermouth, with tonic water, soda water and a can of ginger beer, then the next session will be mainly Gin cocktails.

No comments: