Monday, December 17, 2007

Mou Ni Hajimeru (Another 2 Firsts)

Yep, its like dejavu again.

After the earlier post about 2 firsts, today is another 2 firsts but more related to eating again.

My mom, dad and bro went back to the hometown, leaving me in spore to settle the studio photo collection as well as the setting up of cable broadband connection with StarHub, plus I had dinner arrangement with JC friends, hence I stayed behind.

After getting the bonus, I wanted to 'qia' my family but couldnt make it on Sunday cos one of my sister working, I going out, my family going back. Given I know how wet a blanket my dad could be. I decided to qia my sisters first. Today had to settle our own dinner, plus its off day for one of my sister. So we met up with the youngest sister at Buona Vista Mrt and walked towards Holland Village. Its just that there is nothing much else to makan around our area unless Zi Char.

I asked them to choose, cos I had an idea of the restaurants around the area, being there just a day ago. They couldnt decide. Suggested Sushi Tei, nope, Crystal Jade, nope, Swensens, nope. My youngest sis was very hungry and wanted western. Then I remembered there is this HOG'S BREATH western restaurant. Hence we went in.

Surprisingly they do not serve huge slabs of meat, pig's knuckles or ribs as pictured from the name, but instead serve more western fare like sandwiches, pasta, western meals. I saw some rings, thought they looked delicious. When it came to ordering, I ordered Onion rings, instead of the Carimari rings in mind. BUT it is piping hot and delicious. Next we ordered Crispy Dory Pasta, Cajun Dory set and Garlic prawn pasta. Quite delicious. The portions were quite big except for the prawn pasta. Hence I topped up with another order of the Carimari rings. Its very very nice. Nice tasty batter. The seating is not on chairs but on an elevated platform with a low table and cushions for sitting. Very much like oriential. Interestingly, they serve fusion teas and quite a number were drinking their tea.

After dinner, we headed to COLD ROCK. The ice-cream place featured on HDB-TaiTai. I had scouted its exact location the day b4 and we went to eat. Again as part of my treat.

Its pricing is like this, Small $4.50, Med $6, Large $7.50 To fry it with topping is an additional $1 per type of topping. Luckily we werent too ambitious and went for Large, we chose Medium and very filling. They are very generous with their ice-cream. Usually others will scoop and fill the cup, flatten and make sure its level with the cup. For them, a Medium is about 4-5 scoops of ice-cream. If you didnt mix with toppings, they put 2-3 scoops of one flavour in the cup, another 2 scoops pile onto the cup that makes it resembles a Mickey Mouse :) No wonder business is good. We choose, Mango Sorbet n Lime Sorbet, Cuppacino n Dark chocolate and mine was Pistacho n Cheesecake mix with a chunk of Fudge.

The verdict, mine was GODLY, especially chewing the fudge pieces. Surprisingly though the colours of Pistacho is Green and Cheesecake is Yellow, the Cheesecake is nice. The Pistacho mixes well with it. Luckily its not pepperminty-like Pistacho at all. A flavour to try again is definitely the Cheesecake with Fudge.



The Pic above shows the frying counter where they take your selection of Ice-cream and mix it with the topping of your choice. Yup they have different chocolate bars, eg Mars, Snickers, peanut butter, nuts, fruits, bubble candy, chunks of Fudge, some exotic stuff like Rocky mountain and more. Not sure of their opening hours though. We left about 10.45pm and its still enjoying brisk biz despite the cold and wet weather.

No comments: