Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Day of Blowing and Twisting...

Hope you all are not having hentai thoughts regarding the title. Its another rainy day except its a public holiday. Hence my sisters are at home with me. We went out next door to eat brunch.

After that, we visited that cheap toy shop that sells cheap and mostly china-made toys. A particular pack caught my eye. Its a balloon-art pack. It comes with about 10 long balloons, a balloon pump and a small booklet to make 14 types of balloon art.

Hence after buying 4 quick-dry type of polo tops for work, we headed home. The first thing I did is to start making some of the balloon art. My sister is in-charge of organizing the christmas party and had to handle food, deco, even organize the events... plus no budget.

I was thinking since she had no budget for the deco, so balloon-modelling would help save costs. No need to buy wreaths, christmas tree. Just a few balloon art pieces related to the Christmas theme. Put them around. Much more economical. Hence the hunt online for balloon-making.

HEHE... lemme show you what I have done so far. (though I burst 4 balloons) My dragon fly was complete but it burst... Later I am going to get more balloons to try. The most difficult is actually tying the damn balloon, my fingers too thick.

A good skill to master, next time sell balloon-art on the street...


The most basic, the dog cum giraffe or ram according to slight variation in the length of the twist.


The swan which looks like a snake instead...

More to come later... after I get a new stock of balloon. Found some good videos, about flower bracelet etc.

No comments: