Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Busy Day....

It was a busy and wet day yesterday.

I woke up bloody early around 9am though I had slept at 4am the night b4 watching the anime "Fate Stay Night" on veoh.com after my JC friends introduced me to the website. I woke up that early to tidy up the place a bit as the technician from StarHub was coming to fix up the cable for internet. Cos that tv box is near the shoe rack and its cluttered and dusty... think you get the picture.

While waiting from 11-1pm, I realized I hadnt eaten a morsel yet. But bo bian. Nobody's at home. My sisters were at work. My parents were in Msia, so I am left very much home alone. He came and fixed up in a jiffy, the only problem I have now is where to put the modem and the wireless router (which I have to go to Funan to buy) as both will take up quite a bit of space and the TV, with the VCR, VCD and DVD players are already cluttered enough. Not to mention need to have a fan to cool it.

The ideal is to put on the computer table but the long wire and not to mention, need to hang the wires overhead on the wall and stretch all the way to the table... a bit daunting to think about. Will try to tackle this on Friday. For now, I just link my laptop manually to the modem near the TV. Nevermind the wires dangling all around the living room, cos nobody's home. Have to think up something b4 sat when my parents come home...

After that it rained heavily and I didnt go out to buy food. Ate 1-2 nougouts then watched animes until 3.40pm. Then I made my way to the hawker centre to eat, and headed down to Serangoon to collect the sample photos from that studio. It is a bloody long journey to and fro. I didnt go anywhere, just there and back. By the time I reached home, it was about 6.30pm. Had frooze my butt off in the air-conditioned bus that I didnt feel too good, giddy and stuff, and decided to sleep.

Woke up near 9pm to find one of my sister back. She didnt know the sample photos were ready and I told her. She took it out and looked. When she looked at her self-portrait, she kept on complaining that she looked so fat, got double-chin, face so round. (though I thought that hers was quite okay taken, compared to mine...) Well I do share a similar sentiment for mine, out of the 4, very obvious 3 are very fake smiles.

(OH SHIT! LOST MY LONG POST COS I PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON T_T BUBU)

The family portrait looked okay but the individual ones are really unflattering. The standard like not there. My parents had 5 shots but 2 of them were slanted.

My sister stared at the photos for about half an hour ranting about the chin issue. I was hungry and decided to go out to buy my dinner. Before I left I told her to choose one she disliked that least and to finish doing so b4 I come back. I had somewhat chosen 1 whcih is the one with the most natural looking smile, yet still a fake one.

I came back half an hour later to find her still undecided. She was still going on about the chin blah blah.

"Come on lah, that is how you look like lor. Even if it is at an unflattering angle."

"I know that but I can't handle the truth"

Later she was still going on about it whilst I ate my dinner.

"I feel sick looking at myself."

"Good then, you bring one photo with you every day and b4 you eat, take it out and look at it, then you will feel so sick that you'll lose your appetite and lose weight to get rid of your chins..."

"Good idea."

Later my youngest sister came back and she looked at that photos and a bunch of similar remarks came out, fat, face round, so unflattering, dun recognize myself (in a negative sense) After another hour of complaining about each others' photos, she went to bathe. She had brought back some food from her office and we ate those finger food. When I saw my other sister eating... and it was already 12++am,

"Eh? Thought you want to be on a diet to get rid of those chins and where is the looking at your photo to feel sick?"

"Forget it. Already lidat, so nothing can change that so just zi bao zi qi and just eat..."

I was laughing so hard, tears almost came out and was clutching my stomach. I wasnt mapling then but was playing a puzzle game like Bejeweled but with a twist of city-building element. Cradle of Rome, a yahoo game, where u blast resouces like the jewels in Bejeweled. The difference is you have to try to link and do combos for the resources you need to build up certain buildings. Also clearing the stage is not necessarily winning if you cant build up your city. The only thing is that I am playing the trial version and now its expired, I get kicked out every 5mins. The music is damn nice too. Am thinking of getting the original to play cos I like city-building games and some puzzle games.

Thats about all for yesterday.

Today is similar where it rained b4 I could go out, and I havent eaten anything save nougouts. Then I spent some time setting up the mp3 player in this blog. Have to sign up for various free pages to host, create the player then put it into the correct part of the blog template. Phew! I am very happy with the results. The 2 music currently playibg are Saber's Theme. The two versions of it are only similar in the melody. This is the current tune in my head. It appeals to me alot because it sounds melancholy, sad yet gallant like Saber from Fate Stay Night. Wont put up more until I get a new tune. Until then, have to get food soon.

No comments: