Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Almost... there.... til public holiday

Hungry after work.

Its been a long day. Marking, teaching, last minute revision... plus frantic teaching. Get the picture.

I dabaoed 2 stacks again. (If you were wondering, the 4 stacks from before, completely untouched over the weekend... I went in much earlier on Monday and managed to finish one stack)

This 2, I try (to the most of my remaining humanity)to do some. Tom down for marking again. In case you r wondering. Its marking of the exam papers. Next week is the main papers. Now is the Paper 1. The work I dabaoed, is have to give back for revision, tom is the last day I can do that. Have to try that.

___________________________________

Went to BK to makan. I decided then and there that if I had worked so hard. The least I can do is to eat something when I am hungry. Instead of taking a long ride home, endure the hunger for 1hr+ then reach home to eat. To make it "more healthy" that being oximoronic.

How can fast food be healthy?

Well, I ordered the Whopper Meal.
No upsize.
Onion rings
Diet coke

The fact is that alot of calories are in the sweet drinks. Making a meal of fast food easily more than 1000 calories.

The whopper comes with lots of onions, lettuce, tomatoe and pickles. Its quite a wholesome meal in that aspect. Bread- carbohydrates, Patty- protein.

Also while eating the onion rings. After a couple, I found it quite tasteless cos the flour quite thick. So got an inspiration. Pulled away the outer layer of flour banter until there is only the inner ring of onion left. And ate that.

By the time I was done, had a small mountain of fried flour banter piled up. Flour tends to absorb lots of oil. Eating less of it is still better.

Of course on the long term, dun eat too much fast food or consume drinks with artifical sweeteners, are harmful to the body.

_________________________________

To make the upcoming public holiday enjoyable. Irregardless of whether tom dog-tired, zombie mode or what. I intend to go out to jalan a bit after work. Its the least I can do.

Thursday intend to go to the gym (early in the morning. ClubFitt from 9-5pm on public holiday) to try to up the gym session to twice a week. So far been been mantaining for 6weeks.

A yahoo article a few days back mentioned that the more stressed one is, the more cannot conveniently skip the exercise routine. Cos the body needs it for well being. Exercise releases anti-stress hormones etc. Point taken. Will try to stick to it.

No comments: