Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Phelgm cake strikes

Am on MC due to having a phelgm-cake episode. This time while I was working. (ask me personally for the icky details, if you really wanna know)

Basically after that, I had to come home, though I had intended to finish off some other work and marking. Didnt feel well, and went to see the doctor and got one day mc.

To trace the origins and beginnings of this phelgm cake episode. It went back to the time of NIE. One day, whilst Tab wasnt around. Think it was nearing the end of NIE, Tab moved back or wasnt around. I had a bout of coughing and eventually something came out. Basically when it comes out, its one continous piece *gross* Yar and since it came out in one continous clump (usually more than what both my hands can cup), I couldnt stop it. So it ended up on the floor. A big pile of phelgm, termed phelgm-cake by my brother when I told them what happened.

Since then, there are at least 5 other times when it happened. Basically I am just having a bout of coughing then the next thing I know, a huge clump of phelgm just comes pouring out. If unfortunately I have eaten something, sometimes a bit of food comes out with it *kinda disgusting*

Yar so it happened yesterday, only this time there are many who saw it and its after-effects on the floor. Sian. Had to clean up and settle then I went back home.

Asking the chinese sinseh what it was, he mentioned is some sort of stomache glue or possibly phelgm which the body can produce. Asked the GP, he says could be the phelgm that is produced when the respiratory tract is inflammed.

But this year alone, this is the 2nd time already. The other time happened while I was getting ready to go to work. Didnt feel well after that but I still went to work.

I remember the NIE once, once near Moe (whilst on course, but walking in so coughed out onto the grassy sidewalk), once in the toilet of workplace, once in my own home toilet and now once while working.

This is getting fairly serious. A normal person goes around coughing out bits of phelgm but phelgm cakes? Am monitoring and see in a couple weeks time, to go and follow up with the xray.

No comments: