Thursday, March 04, 2010

Another deposit of thoughts

Where I left off, I did manage to buy lunch for dad, then head to Gym near to Driving school, where I did stepper and weights for about 40mins then bathed and change to go straight for driving. After that, I took a bus to Bukit Batok Central to take bus 106 which will pass by Holland, for me to drop off my watch for repairs. Then I hopped onto 106 to head down to National library area to collect my cert. After which, I took a train down to Tanjong Pagar to meet Tab for dinner at Soup Spoon. Quite hectic indeed. I was more or less quite alert until I reached home and then feel the effects of so many stuff. BUT I did cook another pack of magee mee with egg white only to eat cos I felt hungry and cold after my long bus ride back from Orchard.

Hmm there are many things in my mind, if those thoughts are worth money, guess I'll be rich.

Just finished a quick tally up of my expenses for Feb and catch up for the few days into March.

All expenses (except Jap, guitar, driving) = $701.90 (plus minus a few dollars)

Driving $300, Jap $200

Total $1201.90.

A bit on the high side due to the courses. But cos those are more or less transient or at least until I finish those courses, my MAIN concern are all the other expenses.

My budget is $20-$25 a day or $600-$750. So judging from the figures, I have kept within the budget.

Income is $600 from flexi-work (received thus far) So more or less can cover the cost, except for the courses which will eat into part of my reserve.

Higher expense came from a Denim blazer, more eating out cos of birthdays, weekends. Will have to monitor and make sure not to overspend.

So far so good after 2 months of CONSCIOUS budgeting. I can see that expenses are reined in more or less. Its more of the courses that are the more expensive items in my budget. Will continue monitoring into the month of March.

The good thing about getting the flexible work (income) and also monitoring and reining in spending (expense) is that I see that my reserve is reducing much slower than before.

No further sales of shares yet, been buying an order for LONG-TERM portfolio. Then I looked at the excel files and chose those that I decide to put more long term. Turns out, I only have 1 counter for trading. The rest are all Mid-to-Long Term.
____________________________________________

Have another 3.5 weeks more to adjust sleeping hours, nurse my health and get into better shape, finish up flexible work, start setting up routine/timetable to ensure ALL my courses & stuff are slotted nicely so that there is little strain on time and energy. Then its ready for work to start.

On a certain note, cant wait to start.

On another note, would have to say good bye to my 'break'.

It is overall a good and well-deserved one for me.

Monitoring of monthly expenses and savings to continue. Annual comparison of savings to continue. Annual review of Savings and Investment to continue. An overall review in 3-5 years time.

No comments: