Thursday, March 25, 2010

List of things 100 things to do in this lifetime

For the next few days, my pet project is to list down 100 things I wanna do. Would be updating this list until I hit a minimum of 100.

Will categorize into places, things to learn, try out, eat etc

Places to visit
1. Japan for ohanami
2. Australia for a few days of farm stay
Visit the 13 states of Malaysia, the main city parts and some of the places of interest. Been to Melaka, J.B, K.L and Trengganu.
3. Negri Sembilan
4. Penang
5. Kedah
6. Pahang
7. Kelantan
8. Perak
9. Perlis
10. Selangor
11. Sabah
12. Sarawak
13. Beach resort like Langkawi
14. Genting or Cameron Highland

Things to learn
1. Acoustic guitar (still doing hence not completed)
2. Japanese language (doing)
3. Electric guitar
4. Drums
5. one martial art form (maybe muay thai?)
6. Malay language
7. CFA (maybe)
8. Drive a car (doing)
9. Swim well in the 4 types of strokes
10. Master and bake 10 types of desserts cakes
11. Make most basic types of alcoholic cocktails by memory
12. Music theory and foundation
13. Compose musical pieces
14. Draw the ideas in my brain down on paper
15. Magic card tricks
16. Chinese calligraphy
17. Learn how to brew beer
18. Learn how to make wine
19. Animation
20. Character creation
21. Storyboarding
22. Website design using computer language instead of just copy-pasting codes
23. Sculpting (be it ice or stone or wood)
24. Oil-based painting of scenary
25. Design and make clothing (not enough of certain styles)
26.

Things to try and do once at least
1. Wave-boarding
2. Cosplay an actual character from anime/j-rock
3. Bungee jump?
4. Fly a glider
5. Fly in a helicopter
6. Surfing
7. Go for a sauna
8. Go for a full spa treatment
9. Jet ski-ing
10. Archery
11. Shooting at gun range
12. Snow ski
13. Snow board
14. Fishing in the open waters
15. Ride that banana boat pulled by a speedboat
16. Ride or drive a speedboat around
17. Go for a cruise trip
18. Ride a bike (not on road, on dirt track type)
19. Sit in the side-car while a bike ferrys me around
20.

Things to eat at least once in a lifetime (this seems to resemble fear factor, the more stuff I add to it)
1. Escargot
2. Foie Gra
3. Sea Urchin (hope dont puke)
4. 海盗饭团 (taiwan)
5. Frog legs porridge
6. Fried worms (thailand)
7. 盆菜
8. Peking duck
9. Braised Pork Trotters/Knuckles (cant remember the name but is an entire pork trotter or knuckle that is stewed until it is so soft, you take a bone from inside it to slice open the meat)

Pets to keep due to space constraint - smaller dogs
1. Shetland
2. Pomeranian

Current no = 69
This list is not entirely complete yet, will be adding to it when things pops to mind over the next few days.
_________________________________________

Incidentally just watched a show on Animal Channel 10 Cable tv. Its called Downsize my pet. Its about how the owners overfed and pampered their pets until they are severely overweight >50% of fat and how they helped the owners to stop overfeeding and exercise their pets into shape. Its a good watch to learn about what food are good and bad for dogs/cats.
_________________________________________

I think after eating and sampling all the different flavours of D-plus bread. I have almost reached the end.

So far I had eaten,

Red bean, Pumpkin, Caramel, Maple, Hokkaido cream, Blue berry, Melon, Cheese.

Last one I bought today is Chocolate. But cos I dont intend to eat that for dinner or as a snack, the actual taste will be tomorrow or Sat before guitar.

Then do a review. There are some more outstanding flavours (at least to my taste) that I wont mind rotating among, after I have finished this task of sampling all their flavours.

Well it meant I have been eating bread to substitute or at least as a snack inbetween some meals especially during days when I am out for driving, Jap lesson. At times, its as a snack or half dinner. Then eat lighter dinner after that. At least my stomach wont growl.

BUT one thing I learn is that Bread contains refined sugar and carbo, so meant alot of it turns into gluccose in your body. That is not that good for ya body. So I will limit the bread and go back to Museli bars. The difference is great though. A D-plus bread is about 250-350 calories depending on flavours. A Museli bar is 90 calorie (Quaker Oats brand is 90 calorie per bar, Love the strawberry one) So I should go for museli more. Then rotate with bread so taste buds wont sian.

Finally got into the gym for the first workout this week, after the bout of flu that lasted almost an entire week. Feel better after a workout, more relaxed and a great sense of well-being. Also feel good knowing that I am trying to keep up the 21-7 routine and hence commited to my exercise regime and diet thingy. If tomorrow, feel well without much aches, I shall go for the second session. Then come back to do a weekly body and facial scrub.

Sounds good.
_______________________________________

25th March (Thu)
Did finished eating the chocolate D-plus bun. Think my favorite flavours are Pumpkin, Red Bean, Maple and Blueberry. These flavours are memorable and tasty to me. Dont mind eating them again when I have to eat something on the go.

Went to gym after my flu somewhat cleared up. Found myself getting stronger cos doing my same gym routine, certain tasks are easier and can actually do more. BUT unfortunately my weight has NOT DROPPED at all. So hope to keep this fittness and routine up. Hopefully the muscles can burn more calories overall eventually over time. Need to build up the muscles and fittness first and also ensure DIET is healthier to see a weight loss over time.
_______________________________________

27th March (Sat)
Did my 2nd Earth hour at Tab's home with lychee, alcohol and green tea. Think green tea with lots of lychee tastes alright.

I did miss the entire cosplay at Ginza but its alright. Something different to do and watch. The costumes are definitely of higher standard. Then Tab told me its the semi-finals. The final is to be held at Cosfest. That will have to find out where and when that is.
_______________________________________

28th March (Sun)
I dragged my reluctant ass out of home to the gym around 4pm. Yes, almost lost momentum but I did dragged myself out. Just remembering that I hadnt lost weight is enough to drive me to get out to the gym.

Surprisingly some task, I found a bit harder than on Thurs. Dunno is it the fittness not there, muscles tired or still not that well. I still have my cough. BUT I did finish my routine.

Had fish soup with rice for lunch with sisters. Parents went back to sweep ancestor graves. Then dinner we did our stake-out at the newly open cafe. I ordered a Chicken mustard salad with bacon. I dipped as little of the mustard as I could, ate the leaner parts of the bacon and ate the rest of the chicken breast meat with veg for dinner. Exercise does repress my appetite. I think that this is good. Maybe I should aim to go for more exercise or daily exercise.

I shall try to enforce the 3 times a week first. Then move on and see if can do even more. One step at a time. I am definitely going to clock in the minimum of once a week cos dont want to lose this 21-days-to-establish routine. Also after exercise, though my hands might shake, muscles a bit tight, slight aches but overall I feel good about myself. Like all the stress gets worked out. I like feeling. Its like you had accomplished something and for the upkeep of general health and fittness.
________________________________________

29th March (Mon)
Well as long as my 100 things list is not completed, I dont wanna do more entries to overshadow it. So just edit more and add more stuff. I had woken up at 7am (part of my waking up early routine) then ate breakfast. Headed home to let it digest for 2hrs. Was thinking of going to swim but various parts of my body suffer from muscle aches especially the knee. Ya think the weights I used for leg press are a bit too heavy though I did do my 3 sets of 30. Only to suffer the effect the next day. So after slobbing at home for 2hrs watching cable tv, I didnt go to swim. Rather rest the knee instead of over-strain. Had nothing much to do and even felt bored watching cable tv, I ended up sweeping the floor then mopping it. Washing up the cups and dishes in the sink and filling up the water heater with water. Sisters working. Dont think they had the time to do chores after coming home. Parents in Msia.

Around 1 plus, I headed to the driving school. Learnt more about reverse parking, did E-brake. Asked how many more lessons do I need to reach the end, aka Stage 5. About 6 lessons. BUT still hadnt gotten the driving test dates cos of clash with working hours. Would have to login daily to get the Sat timing. Got a different instructor, he is young (think younger than me) and really chatty. Got a recommendation for a fortune teller whom he says is very zun, can tell you about ur past 3 lives. I did tell him that there are some things I am not sure IF I want to know. And many more stuff. Interesting lesson and a departure from my usual instructor who is more old-fashion.

Met up with Tab after that cos I didnt want to head straight home and be even more "sedentary" (though I did do the chores...) Nothing much, ate dinner, walked around then had a drink. Took bus back. Think I better go sleep very very soon. Its 12am already!?!? So fast?
________________________________________

30th March (Tue)
Today I did wake up at 7am but then I switched off the alarm and went back to sleep until 10am. Didnt know why I felt quite tired. Need various alarms to make sure I dont go late to work. I had intended to go to swim and I actually headed out near 10.30am but when I looked at both pools, there were many many kids having lessons. Even in the deep pool, more than 4 lanes, so I didnt go in. Cos I was wearing swim gear and not gym gear, I couldnt go to the gym. And also stomach felt uncomfortable cos didnt eat breakfast (I had been training my stomach to eat breakfast at earlier timing for the past month plus) So I headed to eat desperately to stave off the discomfort. The pangs lasted until I reached home... Okay will settle for musli bars or bread for breakfast.

Headed out later for driving. Did more E-brake, parking and circuit. Then had a mock test, which I failed cos failure to see a car coming hence failed under the 'almost cause accident'. This is my 2nd mock and both I had failed cos of this reason.... Sian I need to practice more. The good thing is my circuit, no hitting curb or mount. Only that for the past several lessons, doing alot of circuit that my actual driving on road kinda rusty. Today drove on the road and circuit. Did learn the 3 point turn on a slopey road. OMG, hand-brake & turn, hand-brake & turn. Tough siah. Think I should continue my practice regularly. So far in the month of April, I only gotten one slot. For May and June, its once a week. Waiting to get the Sat slot for test, have to login daily. Think Automatic cars are so much easier. That is after I had learnt Manual. Definitely for practical purpose. Most cars in Msia, all manual. Only in Sg then I see automatic cars. Also automatic cars on the rise.

Today staying at home. To check through my working clothes and sorting through, iron some. Need some time home to settle stuff, do stuff, practice my guitar etc. Heading out daily and coming home late is also not productive and doesnt help with my sleeping late, cos I still have to go online when I come home, to update share prices, check driving school slots, then doing face book, blog, read some manga. So add to the hours. So its better to be home earlier to clear all these. Then can sleep earlier.
_______________________________________

1st April (Thur)
2 words sums up my experience 'cultural diffence'. After a full day, which includes having to help carry tables, chairs, sort through books, ate lunch. And the rest which I occupy by looking through docs in their netdrive (entirely in Jap), conversations in Jap, and then looking through the worksheets. So far my scope and timetable are not that clear. I understand that I would have to teach on one day, the rest are assisting. Time table not out yet. Luckily Mon dont have to go. Then Tue onwards back to being overwhelmed by the language barrier. Term hasnt started yet, more to see how then.

So far I am remaining positive cos of the very short travelling time. I reached home by 5.30pm despite leaving a bit late around 5.15pm. The bus ride is so short. So I dont wanna just let some admin hiccup to damper my hopes. But the amount of Jap I heard was enough to drain me mentally cos I am more of an auditory learner (discovered this while I was learning Jap, that I listen and can learn better this way) So I rested a short while and got ready for gym. I reached the gym by 6.30pm and worked-out until 8pm. Then sufficiently relaxed and feeling the calming effects of adrenaline. Actually had an earlier night too. Think this will be my way of handling stress. After work, go for gym/swim. Confirm feel great after the workout. So that's one down, at least 1-2 more to go over this Fri, Sat and Sun.
_______________________________________

3rd April (Sat)
I didnt do much on Good Friday. Glad for the time to hide at home. Hibernate as it seems. Actually I was nursing very sore muscles all over my body, abs, knee, butt, shoulders and even neck. Slapped on tonnes of muscle cream throughout the day. Then watched Cable tv a bit, Dvd. Re-watched Naruto while I did my work. I did do my good deed by helping sister to call for a hair cut appointment. So finally she got her haircut.

Today, after guitar, then later on, I met up with Tab shortly for my badly needed shopping. Cos I dug out my working clothes and pants. Guess what I put on weight so that out of 8 pairs of pants, I could only wear 3 comfortably. The other 5 pairs are tooo fitting until can see VPL (visible panty line) Definitely an emergency. Then the working tops I have. Quite a few, bust too tight or bursting forth type. Walao didnt know chest expanded. And lastly shoulders also too tight. As in, before I even button, the shoulders cannot flex. Huh, so I grew fatter in some areas, figure got better in other areas and on top of that, still grew in broadness??? Great work.... Hence my wardrobe emergency. I also realized I dont have to dress up to the nines, so top wise still alright. Its the bottom.

Tab had to leave earlier. To cut the story short, I made DEEP impact. Bought 2 pairs of proper work pants $92. 4 pairs of cargos which look smart but easy on maintanence and can wear to work too, $196. 1 pair of shorts $35 (replace my berms) and 1 pair of sport shoes $30. A grand total of $353 *kaching kaching* Ouch! Yes definitely pain. But given that out of the items bought, only 3 are directly work related. 1 is purely casual. The other 4 can be worn for both work and going out.

Anyway my style of shopping is that when I really need to buy, buy at a go instead of spreading out. Also this month will have full income. So I need to make sure I can balance my this month's budget well by making sure I reduce amount spent on other items eg eating out etc.

So eating simply and also to ensure that food eaten is more controlled. Not in terms of skipping meals but more so of making better food choices, eating proper meals at proper timing and being very strict about no extra fattening snacks. Snacks limit to museli bars of 90 calories that are filling. Also have to do exercise more to counter the body going into starvation mode. I wanna make this weight loss count and not have to see it yo-yo up and down again. This time I want it to stay off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The yenn-version of the Greek hero's journey. The Odessey.
13 states in Malaysia...
plus some overseas countries...

Yenn-Odessus

1390