Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More disturbia

Today on my way home from driving, at the bus interchange, I glance and saw this secondary school boy who is in full uniform. Then was talking to another 3 boys from another secondary school. I took a second glance when I noticed that the boy is too pretty, then I realized that its cos of his eyes and later face.

The eyes were very emphasized, meaning EITHER those were very nicely natural dark eye rings or they were eye make up. So there's eye shadow below the eye, seems to have eye-liner and even mascara or those were very long and natural eye-lashes? Also the face seems to be lighter colour compared to neck, so foundation? The whole over-all look reminds me of Adam Lambert's look.

What is disturbing to me is NOT the fact that there are effiminate guys around Sg. In fact J-Rock artists use make-up extensively to look pretty too, so I am pretty well-acquainted. Its the fact that he is in uniform. Walking with a girl beside him but obviously not boy-girl relationship and the three other boys were treating him as a girl and later ask for money? Wonder did he pass off his apparent make-up in school as eye-bags and pale complexion. Guess its my inner Educator tsking on such things. I did saw him pass a dollar to one of them, presumably cos he 'complimented'??? This is speculation on my part but I was reading the body language.

Several weeks back, I saw another sporting some of Adam lambert's signature looks eg the hair, the eye-make up esp mascara, eye-shadow and lashes. Still a young guy but not sure if still schooling. Cos I was on my way to flexible work around 10am plus on a weekday and he was not in unform. Now I wasnt as disturbed cos not in uniform, I presume. But noticed that he was looking at the guys coming into the train carriage but didnt look to meet my eyes.

I dont have a problem with Adam Lambert as a singer/performer, in fact I like his songs 'For your entertainment' and 'What do you want from me?' BUT I do have a bit of problem with those following his style. Maybe I am old-fashion or maybe its just a fad. Oh well... to each his own
____________________________________

Driving lessons up to parallel parking, vertical parking and three-point turn. I still havent gotten my test date booked cos of working hours clashing with the test timing which tends to be during work hours on weekdays. Will be logging in everyday to check out and find slots for Sat. Cos my line of work has no leave. See how. 2 more lessons in March, then April only got 1 but for May and June is once a week. Need to book more in April (taking those slots people throw out) See how.
____________________________________

My work is starting soon. Its a 1-year contract. So far I signed an adknowlegement of the wages, working hours and completion bonus. What is not present are whether there are any benefits. Either there is or there isnt. At this point, I am not too picky about this. That would have to find out later on I guess. My guess is dont have? Think usually contract work dont have.

Well that would mean that for me, I have to make sure that I save 'extra' to make sure I can cover my insurance policies and also medical if needed. Have to take care of own health and make sure I exercise 3 times a week unless I am ill. Also have to monitor diet and make sure eat proper meals and not miss any. Hope to slim down this way.
_____________________________________

My family tree both sides paternal and maternal has alot of health problems. One side is coronary problems - stroke, heart atk and other is hypertension - high blood pressure and choloestrol levels.

Scary siah.

I noticed out of my family, I seem to be the only one more active in terms of exercising. Though I am NOT the thinnest, and had put on weight which stayed on, I am the only one exercising regularly.

From NIE 2006 to 2008, I was kinda sedentary and too tired after work to exercise. I decided to put in more effort AND it took a lot of Will-power and Persistence to start exercising in 2009. From then until now, I had exercised at least once a week to max of three times a week. Now I am trying NOT to break the 21 day cycle for a routine to form.

BUT last week I went once only cos from last friday until even today, still feeling a bit sickly. Hopefully will clear up by tomorrow and hope to go either tomorrow or Thurs once and Sunday once more.

So having to exercise and regulate diet is imperative for me cos of genetic disposition from both sides of the family tress. Also it gives me more energy, definitely reduces the stress level, helps me sleep better and regulates my eating habits.

K hope the Muay Thai trial can be arranged and timing-wise it can work out to become part of the weekly routine.

No comments: