Tuesday, March 09, 2010

VERY DELICIOUS BREAD (must-try)

D-Plus Bread



I chanced upon this bread a few weeks ago while rushing down for guitar on a Sat early afternoon. By the time my mom finished cooking, I had to leave. Didnt have the time to sit and eat anything. No breakfast, definitely no lunch. So I headed to the 7-Eleven and looked for both a drink and food. I saw this brand of bread, it was rather cheap $1.50 (when they already marked up) I took the Pumpkin flavour one and bought a barley drink. Then while walking to my music school, I opened up and ate it.

Pleasantly surprised that it is VERY tasty. The bread is VERY soft and chewy. The pumpkin flavour is rich. Just by looking at the appearance, this bread appears ordinary but really taste extra-ordinary. I know pple who buy all the designer bread and stuff might disagree but this is really one of the best bread I've tasted ever.

Then at the clementi interchange Mama store, I found the same bread for $1.20. So the mark-up is $0.30 extra. Not alot so I wont rule out buying. Overall compared to other bread that cost from $1.30 to $2. It is affordable and definitely taste better.

Shortly after that Sat, last wed, I bought a Maple flavour one and ate after gym workout, heading to driving school. This one has a strong maple flavour and you can see that when you break open the bread, the lines of Maple syrup (baked into the bread) is spread through the entire bread. That's value unlike some where only the outside has it. Still very soft and chewy.

Yesterday I bought 2 other flavours, the Hokkaido cream and the Red bean. I ate one after my gym workout and while walking to the driving school. The Hokkaido cream is mainly sweet-tasting but not as memorable as the Pumpkin and Maple ones. I decided to keep the Red Bean til today to eat as lunch or something, since my breakfast is the Mee Pok and coffee.

Incidentally last friday, when FH joined me and Tab late. I was kinda irriated by mom's sudden sms to reach home by 12 midnight. Something about Tiger day. When I called back to ask WHY (being irriated already) I got irriated response along the lines of "come back if you want, dont come back up to you lah" So no explanations being given. So after FH came, asked him what is Tiger Day? Basically only after meeting Ting, on Sat then realized that is the day to pray to 虎爷, that deity, I have seen before. Did not specially pray to him before, dunno why start now and last minute fuss. This led to bad jokes about tiger and chicken. Those songs will never sound the same again.

Before we left, FH wanted to get some water from 7-Eleven. He also bought the D-Plus bread (red bean) and said its his favourite and he's been buying and eating it. I saw it and was telling him the Pumpkin and Maple flavours were great and we were saying how soft and tasty the bread is. Tab tried some of the bread and asked for more.

In the end, I did reach home before midnight and (my Cinderella gown turned to rags)....

BTW I havent checked out Cold Storage nor NTUC for this bread yet. I know for sure, 7-Eleven stocks it. Seen it around for quite a while already.

No comments: