Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Battle of Will Power versus Bulge

Before I start posting, I personally feel its definitely a battle of epic proportions. Its a drawn-out war and will continue in a dead-lock struggle. It reminds me of the eternal battle of Good vs Evil...

Yes I am dramatising too much. Why so? Guess cos I SHOULD be heading to gym in another half hour and I would like to go sleep instead or feel like eating dinner already... And its just 5.15pm now. Its another clash of inertia vs willpower. I have to upkeep the minimum of 2 gym sessions a week.

A motivating factor would be that I've noted that my weight has gone up, my stomach look more flabby... Urgh, even a momentary lapse in will power cannot do. It has allowed for quite a bit of over-eating... *sobs* Things like eating a 'better' meal on weekends or those dinners that my collegues go for (recent one being a steamboat where I ate alot) and those dabao food which I sometimes eat alot at home. Even the sanctuary of home is not safe...

So armed with my tools for this all-out war; a food diary, a weighing scale, a paper to note weekly weight and no of exercise routines done. I hope to finally make some in-road to permanent weight loss after having gone to gym dilligently for abt 47 weeks yet without losing anything, but gaining extra energy and fittness.

The other side is armed with; lapse of judgement, weekend outings and eatings, attack of bad munchies and cravings for certain food. These are formidable weapons of mass calories (WMC) and my tools might not overcome them.

It boils down to will-power. To see things through. With working still in the early start, I have slowly gotten back some groove. Hope to upkeep the gym regime and get back into the schedule without too much of lapses esp during lunch, dinner and weekend eating.

Wish me luck. This post shall remind me not to give up and work at it repeatedly until results show. TheWill is with me.

No comments: