Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ditching the food diary... and monitoring the weekly weight and no of exercise sessions instead

Yes. I am ditching the food diary. Why? I've realized with it added, my current monitoring increased to monitoring weekly weight, plus no of times exercised in a week, plus remembering every meal and stuff that I munched on, drink. Think is really tooo much of monitoring to be effective.

 With the added food monitoring, I find that I do abuse it. Cos in my memory, I would think that since for the whole week, generally calories not over, then I go for a big dinner or eat out... at the back of my mind would be that I can spare it... but the reality is that my weight has gone up. Meaning that there wasnt as much 'deficit' that I could play around with... So I have decided to discard it.

Makes the monitoring just weekly - Weekly weight plus the no of times I've exercised. I have to work on going back to 2-3 times. So far for the past 4 weeks, its gone down to once a week. Due to being tired, assignment. So for a few times, stayed home instead. Or I laze at home to rest up too long, that I missed the opening hours. And factor in dinner. After eating, usually have to wait 2hrs. Factoring in all the time, gym closed by then...

Yep tomorrow is the start of another new week. That means, 2 more exercise slots plus a weigh-in. Also I will monitor my meals by trying my best to choose 'better' food choices. This actually worked out for me until I started the food diary. Okay, make my life more simpler. Then can focus on monitoring other stuff instead.

No comments: