Sunday, September 05, 2010

A hyper fast weekend

Phew... today was spent recovering I guess. I did wake up in the morning around 9am plus. Then nuah around until close to 2pm. Ate lunch and then soon dozed off around 4.30pm. I decided to skip gym cos really felt not so up to it. Slept until 8pm. Hope can still sleep later on.

Guess its all part of the getting-back-to-work thing, that would explain the fatique. Next week is a 4 day week cos of the public holiday on Friday. Great for a just starting-work-again person. Think my cooking experiments - cheese cakes can wait until I have sufficiently gotten back into the groove of things. The waking hours, the work hours, the assignment hours plus the sleeping hours of things. Think after 3 days, somewhat gotten back 70% of it.

Candle's birthday lunch @ an attas restaurant. Its a first of this kind for me actually. The starter, soup and dessert were good. Disappointing was the main course. It was very sourish, that's all I tasted from it. Thank God for small portions eh? Oh well, it was definitely an experience. Though I felt its too attas for me. I thought the bread plate was already used and dirty cos it had some blackened chao da stains on it as decoration, instead it was actually part of its design... talk about misinterpretations.

After that I was in zombified mode mainly cos I had woken up at 8am to eat breakfast, practice guitar and then bring the Choc Gin Truffles to Tab's place by around 12pm. I left home around 10.45am and took the bus 156 all the way there. Stoned on the bus and played game on the I-touch. After arriving, Tab went to bathe and I sat on the massage back and leg machine. Shortly after we took a cab down to town. Tab headed for the hotel, I went for guitar lesson. Guitar lesson was pretty good, its alot about sliding. Managed it though I forgot to listen to that unfamilar chinese song. The following Sat, I would be missing lesson due to event at work. Dont wish to skip too many. Hard to catch up one, especially for me, at times lack time to practice and also find it diff to catch the bits n pieces of musical theory being discussed. So I rather not miss if I can. That's my commitment to the courses that I attend. I believe that by persisiting, I might not be the best but I can improve over time. The attendance is part of it.

After guitar, I took a bus for 1 bus stop to get to a taxi stand with quite a few waiting taxis and then reached the hotel. My friends ordered the set lunch for me over the phone. There was the interesting high-tea aspect where the high society were eating and dancing. The music was good though. After more photo-taking, we headed to look at bedsheets. I was zombified then. Just follow and later woke up more around evening time. We bought chips, some sushi, lime and lemon and a few bottled drinks to go back to Tab's place. Got the correct lime n lemon for mixing drinks.

But I think I went overboard in the drinking part. I was drinking mainly Tequila. Then I tried a Whisky sour. Not bad and then had a Dark Rum. Only tried to sober up around 11.15pm by drinking lots of oolong. But guess overdid it. When its time to leave around 12.15pm plus, suddenly something wanted to come out. Couldnt surpress.

Got a mint and Quet drove me home. It was a smooth ride actually. When I walked to the lift. Another feeling of heaving came back. Its like by right I can keep it down cos nothing threatening to come out cos there's nothing lingering at the back of the throat. But the stomach heaved and then once started, couldnt stop. Thankfully I have the plastic bag which Quet passed to me just in case. So I did empty out the liquid in my stomach. Mainly is Oolong tea, the whiskey and dark rum I guess. That might just put me off oolong for a short while... Didnt dirty myself, threw the bag once I got home. Then brushed teeth and rinsed mouth with mouthwash. Felt better already and less inebrieted. Headed to bed and slept. Well its those sleep where one just sleeps like a log.

Actually this is my first time doing the  "Merlion" after drinking. Guess my limit wasnt as good as before. Also I shouldnt mix the alcohol types eg whisky n dark rum which have a distinctive flavour type with those like Gin, Tequila which are usually mixed. Guess they dont agree to my stomach.

No comments: