Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Very Slow-moving Weekday...

Though the 2nd term has just started and we are into the 2nd week, so far still feeling tired. Guess it was too good of a long holiday that it really takes a while to get into it.

That doesnt mean I didnt go for lessons, didnt have to prepare materials, didnt have cca, didnt have to wake up early. But it just meant the spirit is still out floating in the holiday mode. I am going through the motions of work and trying to build up the energy and stamina. Guess I am not the only one. This should be termed 'holiday withdrawal'.

So after a hectic day, cos 5 lessons. Today spent 2 free getting the materials needed for tomorrow's lesson ready. With my other collegue's help, we finished it and are free to 'stone' around a bit. Not possible for a single person to do for 3 levels. We were talking over lunch how its quite hard to get back into the feel of working again. Luckily for us, we started last week mid-week, this week is 4 days and then next week is 5 days. Also there's the Sports Day happening, with practice timing scheduled into the school curriculum hours. So its not that fully into all studies.

Just that last Friday after standing 1hr in the hot afternoon sun around 2pm-3pm, I tio alot of small white pimples on my nose on Sunday. Was brushing my teeth n saw those. Started popping them cos those are the very painful white pus-sy ones. Whole nose was hurting. Then I remembered that I stood under the hot sun. So yesterday, I brought my visor to work and kept in the cupboard. There are at least 3-4 more of of such mass where everyone has to be there under the hot sun. I shall remember my long track pants, exercise top and visor the next time.

Yes and this week has been very slow-going... Dunno if the 'holiday withdrawal' feeling exacerbates this feeling of slowness of the week. Yesterday after seeing off the students, I remarked to my collegue that its only just Monday and felt tired already... (maybe its due to the 5 periods I had) And I had thought it was the end of the week. But later on realized again that its only Monday. I reached home and decided to have a nap before going to gym, cos the night before watched cable tv. I woke up at 7.30pm but was quite hungry so I skipped gym.

So Sunday didnt go... Monday didnt go... already break the cycle but NO. Today just found out that assignment is cancelled so tonight I will go gym after I changed at home. Hope to keep things intact cos after 1 week of eating Fish Meat Soup and Rice, I felt so hungry today that I ate Indian Fried Rice and Indian Rojak plus a Teh Halia. Err yes I was starving even before lunch... K tonite go exercise and then back to eating plainer stuff.

Dont really like Weds. Partly is that its mid-week and the week always seem so slow until it climbs over the steep slope called Wed and then accelerates and slides quickly into the weekend. Partly is that Wed are usually the day of the week for Educator meeting. A long meeting from after lunch til 5-6pm depending on if the P has finished spilling enough saliva, had enough of listening to own narssistical voice then we are released to do our work or just go home with a splitting head after listening to tonnes of stuff, where more than 3/4 are rubbish.

But now, for me it isnt so much even the lesson I have to teach, its the cleaning supervision duty on wed that I quite dislike. The fact that got bochap students who misbehave and you have to mother them to do, cos quite a few play a fool around... Other than that, its just the universal slow-moving hump. Just wish its over already. Lucily tomorrow no cleaning duty, just got to teach class which is mostly alright with me.

Sleepy now after food, classses in 25mins. Zzzzzz... At least I practiced guitar a bit last nite. Its quite interesting to play solo but its really not easy, technique, rhythmn and remembering the solo by memory. Havent tried playing by not looking. Should do that later tonight.

No comments: