Friday, September 03, 2010

Logistical Considerations for Cooking

Very Cranky esp this first week, in the morning but once I go into classes, I try not to let it affect my teaching . Try to be energetic and also read expressively, put on smile, be light-hearted. Then I come out and continue to be cranky once I sit at my desk. Well the adjustment to the waking hours takes some time.

After the work hols and also my own hols (asked for a break from assignment, cos after CA2) But suddenly when work and assignment AND cca comes in at a go on Thur (yesterday), felt really really stoned. On top of that still got to make chocs. I agreed to it yes but the whole logisitics of it after the production is the one that really IRKS me.

The finished product has to be store in a chill section. Yes I can store at home. The plan was to bring to Tab's place (like what I did for the Tiramisu the other time) which makes sense. Cos I have guitar lesson. Dont expect me to carry it around. Then that other time was convenient to use Tab's place cos it was where we were going in the evening.

Now go for Nice dinner change to Lunch. Then dunno where we're heading after that. So my stance is SINCE I've already bought the ingredients and made the alcoholic centre last night (after assignment, reached home near 11.30am, rest a bit and its almost 1am, did until 2am), today I will continue after work just to do the coating and then bring home to store. Tomorrow I am delivering to Tab's place before my guitar lesson. After that, I dont really care what happens to it. Worst comes to worse, Tab and family can have them.

I am not saying that I wont make. All I ask for is more Considerations regarding the Logistics of it. Where to bring to and store? Give it more thought before requesting for my cooking. Dont give me the added burden of having to make and then carry the food all over. Otherwise all my efforts go to waste cos if I make and keep at home, in the end I end up throwing cos its too much for me and family. That's why I dont mind making at workplace, bring a bit home, rest let collegues help me finish. Cos there's not much Logisitics after (if you know what I mean)

I dont mind making. Really, its still fun but there are limitations to what I can do during hols and during working days. Sometimes one such dessert actually take 3-4hrs depending on what sort of issues that can crop up during making. Some are still-in-the-works (meaning still can cock up with cooking problems) so they take hours to make.

So its not as simple as just make and bring.

What are ingredients needed?
Which ones I have? Which ones I have to buy? When to buy?
How many hours are needed?
Am I able to make it at home or have to make at work?
Do I have enough time at either to work on it?
After making, how to store it?
Where to bring to, to store it so that it can be eaten?

Esp the last one, cos the rest of it are the decisions made by the maker.

No comments: