Thursday, April 07, 2011

A day out alone

Today started off with switching off the alarm clock at 7am. No one's home. Both parents are out for medical checks, sisters at work. I lazed until my rumbling stomach dictates I better eat something. So I decided to head out. Though tonight I have assignment, still decided to head out. I need to take a pic for SG ic. Decided to be a bit more impromptu; do things on a whim. After brunch, took pic, then took mrt to Vivo. Decided to catch a movie, am now in a theatre going to watch Rio in 3D. Work extra to earn money, must enjoy too. Last movie was Gnomeo in 3D about 1.5 mths back. Sit back n relax.

Tried killing time by walking around Vivo, going to the top and waterfront to see the view. Hoped for some breeze but it's super hot and unsheltered at 1pm. Super hot and I felt I was cooked by the heat. Then found some sheltered spots but there are many many smokers. Just settled on a spot, within 5mins, two came and lit up. I moved to another spot to avoid the smoke n another to sit nearby. Really marred by the smokers. After that headed in. I must really remember to bring contacts when watching 3D. Wearing 2 pairs of glasses is not comfortable. Rio is a good movie. Quite funny, was constantly grinning n laughing. Definitely worth the $11 paid.

I came out and it was 4.20pm. I decided to walk over the completed boardwalk, just to see how it's like. There seemed to be some shops in the middle of the bridge. It's freaking hot from the strong sun shining down even at 4.30pm. Was glad for the sheltered walkway and walked until the mid point. There's a 2 pub a wine bar, a crepe shop and a frangi-pani themed accessory shop. Think it be a nice place to chill once the sun sets as there's a nice view from the middle of the bridge. But it's way way too hot during day n even late afternoon. After that decided to go back by bus. Surprising without the need to rush plus around 5, traffic is light, reached home rather quickly. Dabao yong tao fu for dinner.

Was thinking of going gym cos didn't go yesterday. Think have to make it tomorrow early afternoon instead. Then attempt a 3rd on Sat or Sun. The good news is I have lost some weight; about 2.5kg from that record weight after Zar Chai Fan plus taipei trip. Still got 2kg more to go back to 'original fat self after Moe' and 8kg to go back to 'uni-day'. It's been a battle of will and determination to make sure I don't take in extra calories through snacks n have to keep making very conscious food choices. Even eating salad. Have to keep this momentum up and not let myself go. Have to get back into shape. Giving myself 6 months. I hope to have the will n persistence to keep at it. If can drop the weight faster than 6 months, then don't have to keep at 6 mths.

As things turned out, my assignment got cancelled, so I am free. Now eating dinner, can make it in time for a late gym at 8pm. Great, if I had known earlier, can even stay out longer. Oh well. Keep things flexible.

Am I ready to start work, not really. Still have to think about how to slot in a driving lesson per week, given I failed the first one n took a long break.

No comments: