Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No Stamina n rolls eyes

It's such a bothersome day. My time-table is very hectic on Mon and Tue. It has back to back lessons. Then with the 10mins interval, it meant either I find a bench n sit or climb down then up again. But with no personal space along the corridor, can see why some just stay up all the way... Need to keep water bottle handy.

Just for today, first lesson is spent on course briefing. I have to be present but just do self introd etc, other collegue takes the lead. But when it comes to the other communication lesson, it's the first lesson, hit the ground running. I already made changes to the lousy ws, made an extra and photocopy for the whole level plus have to lead... I dunno why this other new collegue keeps asking me questions. I answered him I am not that sure of every lesson. BUT we will stick to that Lesson Flow n ideas done up by Headless cos I am NOT going to wreck my brain for a replacement/better activity, alter the flow or any extra.

So with questions asked by various collegues about their roles, I told them u assist a small gp of students. That same Jap had to explain the course outline, I got the Az to explain quickly the goals of the year n expectation. Then each of us did quite interesting self introd but cos abt 6, so time dragged a bit. Plus blur collegue explained very long. I was left with 20mins to do the activity n explain their hw activity. Walao! Ate time a bit but managed to finish assigning... Bloody hell, I felt so super tired after that...

Then Headless came n ask me how it went... Err better flow n activities? What to say, told her not enough time but still mged to assign. I heard her talking to the other jap collegues to solicit feedback. I really think it's not the students, but the lesson planning n planned activities n ws. Guess what? It's another round of that tomorrow... *sigh*

I felt damn tired and drained after that one lesson... Partly no stamina (new term, new job responsibilities) and at almost same pay. Do so much for what. I always enjoy teaching hence I am still doing that but these ambiguities are not helping me 'enjoy teaching' at all. Extra hrs going to form class, plus own Eng lessons n now this whole unclear idea of a communication cum reading writing class. A bad deal. I am not the only one unhappy - my counterpart, the non-jap collegues whom are roped in to assist. I don't think I should be planning this thing also... Poor planning n communication indeed. Cuedos to Az n local collegues who can ne flexible enough inside to help out, ask them a question to showcase a bad/good example. But
was very rushed due to time.

God I have this lesson everyday except Fri on top of my own Eng solo lessons... With cca starting, I am seeing that it's impossible to plan stuff the day before unless I stay back which I refuse. Cos on at least 2 of such, immediate after is cca. Plus need to photocopy copies... Signs

Can the hols n weekends come quickly. Tom have meeting, then the day after is cca. All straight after dismissal. Left free periods? It's a punishing schedule

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If u feel u deserve better, just move on. No use harping on a job who is underpaying u.

U have a choice.

Quetz