Saturday, May 05, 2012

Ankle, brand new guards and a walking stick

I had sprained my ankle last tue or so. It's like a mis-step but it wasn't a bad twist, massaged it and hoped allwas well. Then on Thur evening, felt a bit sore. Still had to work until Sat, so I slapped on medicated plaster.

Sat evening had a level dinner.

Sun I was dead-tired, refused to go anywhere.

Mon was a work-day. Tue was public holiday.

Wed I ended up going to JB with dad, subsequently cos I went in with him, tired by the time I came back.

Thur supposed to have dental appt but later dentist cancelled n I put on weekend waiting list, met up wither-colleagues to catch up late afternoon. Headed to buy the Kettlebell n glove n resistance band.

Finally today, after lunch. I went to a nearby TCM clinic. I was thinking of going back to the one in JE but dunno the hours. My mom went to check out this one nearby and told me b4 she headed back to her hometown. I went in and ba-mai (Chinese style of checking pulse), asked if I want Acupuncture or Tui-na. I was told Tui-na is surface. So did the former. A couple of needles a bit painful but mostly is the suan (numbing) feeling. I remembered the other in JE is more skilled. I didn't feel the needles... Hmm decide if the treatment works. Cos the other, my left wrist not that fully healed. Sometimes still feel not fully healed. So the physician connected two wires to two ends of the needles. A recurring current went through from the top part to the bottom, for 20mins. My leg actually moved on it's own, ever time the current switches on and off. Plus a heater was pointed at my ankle. Then got my powdered medicine and with instructions Not to drink anything cold, due to the meds which helps boost circulation. Plus my own body is such that lungs cold n stomach hot, sibei jialat (shouldn't have cold stuff)... Kinda have to try to cut it out of my life too... Ya slowly.

Advised to rest the leg. I walked to nearby pharmacy to buy new guards. My guards were very old and some were not functional already. Time for new ones. In the end, I bought a wristguard, an ankle guard and a knee guard. New technology and design exists for guards so the material less likely to cause itch and irritation. My old knee guard always itchy after just a few hours. The new one quite okay. Like tha is another $57.

I decided to buy this walking stick I saw for my dad. He was looking for one, decided on one with a rounded handle, adjustable type. Intended to gift him that. Instead when I reached home, he was very happy with it but insisted to pay me back. Okay... But it's medical-grade with 1 yr warranty. So I stayed home. Only went out later to dabao ZCP dinner. The powder medicine takes a bit of getting used to. I am going to see if it clears up, then claim the treatment under one of theo or insurance policies I have. Remembered I claimed for my sprained wrist before.

No comments: