Thursday, May 03, 2012

Delicious Yaki dishes & EWF & Kettlebell

Last Friday, I met up with Tab to go redeem a coupon at San-Sui in One Fullerton. It offers grilled jap food, sashimi and others. I had done my homework and already searched online, the good dishes to try. We were seated at the counter, with a screen infront of us and can see the chef grilling the food. It was an interesting experience because the smell and smoke wasnt that apparent to me until later on when lots of orders were grilled. Service was quite good. Tab enjoyed her umeshu drink.

The verdict of the food - Delicious. The best grilled jap food I had so far. The fresh tuna slices in spicy sauce was very good too. If all raw fish taste like that, no fishy smell, fresh and chewy, I can eat more raw stuff. We ordered quite a bit, most of them were very good. Later on, FH joined and ordered some. But some stuff are pricey, so after splitting the bill with coupon, its $48 per person. But to be fair, we did order quite a bit of stuff. Some of them the pricey ones. We got a complimentary shot of sake each. I downed 2 cos FH doesnt drink. I was satisfied with having a full belly, alcohol and later

we went to Max Brenner for dessert. The caramel, banana choc waffle was delicious. Happily ate 3/4 of it... definitely over calories. But since it was the start of the hols for me. Just enjoyed it.

Erm its just I've realized that its getting real hard to have calorie deficits... and any extra I consume, I am definitely not working them off...

_____________________________________________

Today into the 3rd day of the Golden Week holiday, work starts next monday btw. I met up with ex-colleagues at Holland Village, EWF. Had a "dinner" of vanilla malt milkshake, shared fries shaken in sour cream and the chicken wings. Very good. Erm today also over calories... so hard.

After that I headed to P.S. Its the new month. With the new month, meant I just put in my "monthly expenses" into the bank account. So bought the KettleBell I was aiming for for working out at home. Got the 8kg one for $80. Also bought a pair of workout gloves with wrist support $25 and added a resistance band with handles. These are meant to kick-start my workout at home instead of pushing to go to the gym. Been thinking about it through April. So they will be delivered next Tuesday. I hope to get started with them.
 _____________________________________________

Trying to control my expenses, hence still looking out for very good deals before I buy any coupons. Just left with Tung Lok, LJS, Big O, Tony Romas and Sticks. The rest, thanks to friends, I have been eating them over time. Kinda enjoy eating at different restaurants, different styles of food. Some I would consider revisiting if I am there for dinner. 

No comments: