Monday, May 14, 2012

Deprived taste buds, Darts, Craft-beer

I think I just really don't eat all those food I wanna eat for so long, coupled with the too many days of ZCP, that when I finally get to eat one of those food I really craved but didn't know I was craving, the satisfaction is immense. I have been trying hard but futilely to control the daily calories so that meant like if I ate the simple Nasi lemak original one, I ate a dinner of ZCP. Lunch is ZCP, plain fried bee hoon, soup, porridge, wanton noodles... Desperately reminding myself not to eat Malay Nasi Padang n curry puff. Dinner is ZCP and sometimes sushi cos of healthy n craving. So after a while, I didn't realize that there's some pent-up craving until I actually bite into that food. For example, Sat's baguette with the fried egg was so heavenly. I almost forgotten how good it tastes. Later we ended up there again and I had a Chicken-in-a-cup. So happy to be eating that. It really made my day.

On Sunday, I bought a BK whopper meal for dinner. Man, no words can describe how it was to bite through that tasty burger with all the meat, sauce n vegetables. Holding the burger with both hands and chomping down hungrily. Very satisfying. it's kinda strange that it's been so long since my last Whopper. I did eat BK, the chicken sandwich the other time but not like this. I know I can't and don't indulge in my cravings easily. Can't remember when was my last mee siam, fried kway tiao, hor fun, fried carrot cake, prawn noodles, laksa, mee goreng, ice kachang... The list goes on and on. If I indulge in one a day, definitely won't be able to balance the calories. So holding on tightly.
 ________________________

 The dart pub we headed to was quite an experience. It's interesting to play it with friends using the Modern arcade-like machine. Got a set of darts thanks to Quet. The apple cider was really good apple juice. Also the variety of games made it interesting.
 ________________________

 I headed to Clementi n Holland Village to run some errands. There's a rent n sell bookshop there, went to get the last two books of twilight. Cos quite long now so it's not too pricey. Also decided to buy the craft-beer I saw the other time; Brothers. When I looked closer, there's the Hobgoblin and the other beers in it's series. I bought like one of each, so that's 4. Then bought all the Brothers series except for the gingerbeer one, plus extra bottles of the Toffee Apple cider, so that's 8. All in, 12 bottles for $84. Average $7 per bottle, double the price of bottled beer but cheaper than the $12 to $16 outside pubs are charging. Plus I don't have to drink them all. Can consume over time to try all the different flavors.

They are pretty to look at too. I went online to check out their respective breweries. One is Wychwood brewery n the other is BrothersCider. These are their main range and like all craft breweries, they have seasonal beer but tough luck to find those. Definitely would be actively trying out such beers or ciders if the opportunity arrives. I did resist eating at EWF and bought BK instead.

No comments: