Saturday, May 05, 2012

Green pants, Chinese food, battery n restlessness

Yep thanks to Tab, helped me out by eating lunch at Lap Beijing at OC with me. The ala-carte was good too. Man I lover battered silver-fish (not those from books) The xiao long bao good. The sesame bun with meat n spring onions was nice too, though we thought initially the bowl of filling was a huge bowl of spring onions. The seafood fried rice was pretty good. Definitely a nice restaurant to eat without the promotion too. On my list.

There was a condition though, I had to wear my green Deaiguel pants. I ironed it and managed to scrap a look based on my limited wardrobe. Phew. The penalty is a meal if I didn't wear it. Man, kena coerced. I'm still not used to having my naked thighs rubbing against each other as I walk, but the pants were comfy. We walked down towards Taka slowly. I actually saw 2 ex-students of mine but they didn't recognize me. Phew. Didn't encounter colleagues. Maybe then they won't think either I'm in my late thirties cos of my confidence level and serious manner nor ex-military... Talk about misunderstood severely and being seriously stereo-typed.

I am down to just 3 coupons, LJS, Sticks n Big O. Controlling my spending on food. Partly not all are as cheap, partly all these eating goes straight to my waistline as I am not exercising yet. Waiting for my delivery of kettlebell, gloves n resistance band on Tue. Will monitor my ankle and wrist. Bought a mobile charger via Deals cos I think I need one. I am often caught with my phone on low battery or my mp3 player died on me cos I wasn't as diligent charging it. Carrying an extra battery pack would help. It's one with alot of juice 6000 instead of the usual 1800-1900 ones outside. Fair enough.

This time-out and taking things easy for the Golden Week helps cos I am starting to feel the restlessness that drives one into action instead of just stagnating and doing nothing. I think this would translate to me picking up the stuff I did gradually.

No comments: