Sunday, May 20, 2012

Collect Them All Syndrome, Health supplies, $5k extra, Lots of Monitoring

Today's my dad's bdae. Woke up and have to eat a large bowl of mian sian. Also ate a slice of fruit cream cake my mom bought for him. My calories was okay provided I didnt eat lunch again after. Err after that fell asleep about 11am.

Woke up near 2.30pm again, Did my weekly newspaper cutting for class and then I decided to head to Clementi Mall. My intention - get 3 things. First buy a Macs EV meal to purchase that cute Hello Kitty Burgerlar design. So also use the chance to eat the spicy nuggets. Second buy sushi to add-on to the macs meal for dinner. Third was to buy my collagen pills supply from Watson hopefully with 20% discount as its the watson's sale.


Went to the Macs, saw the Burgerlar is still available, so buy my spicy nugget meal, got 9 pieces instead of 6 piece. Small fries and small coke lite.  I think my "Gotta Collect Them All" syndrome is starting... thinking of buying the full set of the Kittys though I aint a Kitty fan? Why? Is it all the Hello Kitty by the female colleagues at my workplace is rubbing off me... NO!!!!!! But its like though the Burgerlar design is the nicest, I feel compelled to buy the other 3 - Birdie, Grimace and Ronald.... Urgh
 
Next headed to Watson in the basement, cant find it. Maybe out. Then headed to NTUC fairprice finest and bought a 4-piece mayo crab and a mixed 1 roll salmon, 1 roll unagi sushi. Meant to fill me up for dinner in case my macs wasnt enough.

Reached home, and it was near 6pm. Keyed in the calories in the I-DAT app to check my calories before I started eating. Erm... if I ate everythng I bought, I would exceed my daily calories for today. So I took 3 pieces of nuggets, half of the unagi sushi roll cos its cooked and 2/3 packet of the fries and packed them in plastic and stuffed them into the chiller. They would be my lunch for tomorrow at work. Ended eating 6 piece nugget, 1/3 pack fries, 4 mayo crab sushi, 1 salmon sushi roll and 0.5 unagi sushi roll plus 1/2 plate of cucumber from lunch, as dinner. Total calories for today - 1699 out of 1750. Safe! With 2.9% deficit to help against yesterday's excess of 16.5%.

If tomorrow, I can eat up the food portion saved today and stick to my usual Weet-bix n milk, my calories up is only 715. Definitely can have more calories for dinner, maybe eat a healthy dinner and save up the calories to off-set the excess from Sat.

Also this is my first time I am portion-controlling fast food meal I bought. But it actually helps spread it out over 2 days. And I found that despite me eating one portion, taste-wise I was satisfied. Also happy that the calories didnt exceed despite eating fast food. Think with a few more macs meal coming due to the Kittys, I better do this portion control thing and make it work for me, instead of against me.
________________________________________

I was full from eating all the stuff for dinner, drank plenty of tea and water too. Then near 7pm, I went to West Coast Plaza to see if I could find the collagen pills in the Watsons there.

Coincidentally I met an ex-colleague from my twice-removed workplace. He looked haggard. We stood and I asked him how he was. I had worked with him before and he's a nice guy. I had gone for his wedding when I first joined and even his house-warming 3 years later. Really a coincidence to see him. He went into a 10-15min somewhat rant and summary and complaint about the workplace and how screwed up it still was. Wow... still screwed up after so many years? Then I realized yar, its been that long ago. I had left about 3.5 years now. Time really flew passed unknowingly. It seemed like a lifetime ago. I noticed he looked haggard and plumper than before (The irregular eating habits and stress of being an Educator is not good for health and the waistline) I hoped and think that I am better off now despite the current pay-cut. At least I still have my investments to generate a bit of extra to supplement the main wage. Though my dream of not having to work for money is still a dream now.

I just let him say and listen. Think it's good to have someone in the know, whom you can discuss and say things that really irks you. So I let him continue and make a few comments to agree with him. His story can rival my friend's Tab situation. Well... it just shows incompetence doesnt change despite the years as long as the same people are still around to perpetuate the cycle. Happy that his agony might end when he is finally transferred by this June. Hope to catch up with a happier him later on.

I went on and happily bought 4 bottles of the collagen pills I take, with 20% discount. It worked out to $19.04 per bottle instead of $24.80. It's 600mg per pill, 60 pills per bottle and the recommended dosage is 2 pills per day so each bottle lasts a month, but I just take one a day. Its a sort of maintenance so no need to eat up to 1200mg a day unless I am reaching menopause. So 4 bottles can last me 8 months instead of 4 months, that meant I have settled my collagen supply up til the end of this year. My glucosamine supply can also last me up til the end of the year. Great! Health supplements settled. Also got a Watson card and activated mine and my sis's later on at home online.
________________________________________

Checking through the cpf accounts and poems share account. Agreed with my sisters to each pay $5k cash to my dad for the HDB upgrading. Kinda tough to squeeze out extra $5k from pure savings, so this year, I will try to save more, try to earn some more extra from share trading if market improves. The good is that my dad is happy with the suggestion and would delay the monthly maintenance, cos his intention was to build up a fund for the maintenance of the house. So the lump-sum would fulfill his intention at a go.

K, now is just to do my work well during working hours, monitor my investment, monitor my expenditure and savings and monitor my calories, exercise and weight.

No comments: