Friday, November 28, 2003

hmm great to hear that friends, candle, kheldar n quetzal r all getting something positive in their job search. All the best.

But for moi, nothing so far..... sign. N I didnt pass the Barclays test. Didnt finish all the question so inevitable. And cannot write on the test, very not used to.. but congrats to quetzal. Try your best there. So far, have really been bumming at home, sent out a couple of resumes, n the only offer i had were contract offers, not perms. Which I reject, 2nd time liao. For 1.6k for 1 year. Cos the job nature is really like my former monkey work. I wonder if I could really stand for 1 year. Then I was a bit lost as to whether I should have taken up the offer. At least its something... but I just wasnt really sure if I wanted to lock myself in for so long- then again, few stay for very long in their first job even if it is a perm one. It seems. So as Candle's cards predicted, I asked my Dad for some advise n inputs with regards to this dilemna. So in the end, I felt better cos he lets me decide my path, n so I am still looking for a perm job. It has only been a short week since I quit being a monkey. So I should not rush into another of such assignment unless there is some element that will help me build up my skills for the future. Wise words indeed. Very helpful when I was so lost n demoralized.... Now I feel more confident.

I am crashing and burning my cover letter n resume, cos according to the career service guy, Lawren*e, the first version no formating, not good. Then I used their format, still not happy, say alot irrelevant.... sign... then follow his input.... He is ONE of the cause of my distress earlier.... sign. N I really have to crash n burn my telephone conversation n interview conversations.... so that I do not waste anymore interviews that come along.

On a lighter note. There is this game, called Gunbound. A cute game where u sit in little mechs n launch projectiles at one another. Quite fun, have been playing for 2 days now. First need to dl the game, played over internet. 98Mb. Try for those who r bored. Then I have been watching alot of anime, Hiraku no Go. My sis's one so I dunno if she will lend u all. But its nice, and I am sorely tempted to learn Weiqi, but no master around. Nothing more to report. Still havent fixed up wrist n will try to become chimp asap. Maybe I should go temple n pray.....sign

No comments: