Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Its one of those days when ...

I woke up feeling kinda disorientated and thinking it should be near noon judging from the light through the curtains.

Wrong. Its not even 8.50am. I had woken up early again. But feeling rested cos since last week, its been hectic everyday, including sat and sun due to events.

Since my bro was out yesterday and going back today, I decided to drag him out for breakfast. We went next door to eat lu mian and help my mom do some sundry shopping. Then we were talking about Maplestory, and I decided I want to try to login. The trouble is, I cant even go to the web page. Dunno is it my internet or too high traffic flow. Try later.
____________________________________________________

Think today I shall skip the idea of going back to work and head down instead to NUH to get my other test done, maybe after lunch hour. The good news is that they cant find anything seriously wrong with me so far (no abnormalities). The bad thing is cos they cant find anything wrong with me, I have to go for more test to verify plus continue to take medication everyday. Will continue to get a peace of mind. Also need to get some reports for the health insurance thingy.
____________________________________________________

Btw the 'cold war' between me and my dad is into the 2nd week. My mom's been asking me to apologize and I refuse. Incidentally last night, my youngest sister had a verbal tussle over the tv. Later when my dad was sleeping, the two sisters were like talking to each other. Older one saying that as long as dun fight with Dad over the tv, wont get into argument. Younger one was saying he hogs the tv the whole day.

I was thinking, I am the one paying for the cable which I hardly ever get to watch the channels I wanna watch. Later I told them, NOPE. I wasnt even arguing with him over the tv....

I was getting ready for work, almost about to leave when he decided to 'push' his piece of sandwich to me. I kept saying no nicely and he kept insisting until I got irritated and said " No is no, cant understand is it" in Chinese. I left for work feeling sian cos of the stupid thing and I came back to a cold war which he initiated.

I dun see the point of me having to apologize. I already told him quite a few times no. He wont listen until have to raise my voice to tell him its a NO. Then I have to apologize for being rude to him. Its not the first time, previously I had to apologize for some other incidents, which I have forgotten but think is somewhat similar. Why isnt he apologizing for putting me through this guilt trip and childish treatment? I guess, I'll just live with the silent treatment.

Was talking with my Bro and he had similar encounters. Kept saying no nicely, yet kept being persistent until he had to raise his voice to say something similiar " No means No. Which part of NO do you not understand?" I dun see him getting the cold shoulder treatment.

The only thing is I bought a pewter dog chinese horoscope keychain, bought for whole family, wanted to give to him, dunno how to go about it. Leave it until this is over then. Given the rest of the family liao. See if this will persist into a month or year thingy.

At my end, I feel guilty about it BUT I dun see the point of starting this 'cold war' on me just to get me to apologize. I am being doubley punished in a way. I dun see myself as being fully at fault also and even if an apology is made, that a similar episode wont repeat itself again in the future. Hence I am still refraining from that option. An insincere, forced apology made just to avoid trouble is not what I want to do. This cold shoulder treatment is making me rethink the apology part.

Family and friends think that its just me being stubborn. BUT there are principles behind also. Also the hardest type of apology to make is those when you really mean it to those whom you really care. Not something made just for the sake of things.

Am I being childish? stubborn? Signz...

No comments: