Monday, June 08, 2009

$20k target hit

I had just sold off 5 lots of UIC.

Luckily before the glitch that cost me to buy 20 lots. I had bought 5 lots at much cheaper prices. That was why when prices rosed a bit, I wanted to buy 5 more lots but ended up with 20 instead... *sweats*

Anyway as the 'accounting solution' to the problem entry, I transferred these 5 cheaper lots to my Trading portfolio. Then out of the more expensive 20 lots, I divided into half and put 10 in LT portfolio and 10 into Trading portfolio.

For the 5 cheaper lot, I was sitting on some paper gains. Today's prices seemed unstable. It fell from $1.83 to $1.76, then climbed and now at $1.81 I decided to sell off the 5 cheaper lots.

Reason: So that I can get back some capital to bump up my measley remaining ST investment amount to look out for opportunities. My dad was saying its the start of correction. Of course dont jump in to buy yet. Have to wait for a bit more. I am still sticking to my target prices and KiVing.

Cos I still have 10 lots to trade after selling, so I am not that concerned if prices shot up later, cos still have lots to sell.

So with the sale of the 5 lots, I made a tidy profit of 28% and the amount is enough to bump my gains up to the $20k figure, my third target. Next target levels are $25k, $30k and >>$30k.

Seriously speaking, IF I hadnt started saving up dilligently and then investing, I would still be at the mercy of my job. Feeling of security aside, the job doesnt provide much personal satisfaction and growth, in fact I am stagnating except my own courses and forays outside of work, saved me from the downward slide.

Though I am nowhere near my last year's annual income of $52k (yar surprisingly, pure pay is $38k, bonuses is $14k) I think IF I can achieve the basic pay amount of $38k. I can live reasonably. There is nothing stopping me from taking up other work on a free-lance, part time basis to add on. Of course, I am also aware that NOT every year can be as good in the stock market as this year. True. I am also preparing for that with my personal reserve, for tough times.

Whether my preparations are enough and whehther I can make a livilihood out of this remains to be seen. There are lots of ambuiguities, though I feel apprehensive but what's the alternative? To rot mentally, physically at work for a pay? Hmm... what's the worst that could happen? That after a few years, I go back to it. That doesnt sound as bad for the worst case. Okay, I shall stick to my path RESOLUTELY.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS THE PATH OF YOUR DREAMS,
WHEN TROUBLES ARISE, AS THEY ALWAYS DO.
ALWAYS REMEMBER WHY YOU TOOK THIS ROAD.

MAY THE LUCK BE WITH YOU.


OH YA I TOOK YOUR POPULAR CARD BY MISTAKE, ASKED MUM TO RETURN IT TO YOU.