Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Accounting 'Magic" - the glass is half-full or half-empty

The last thing I remembered was telling myself to sleep earlier and not so late. Then when I woke up, I realized it was in the early morning cos I could hear my sister getting ready for work. The light in the room was left on cos I fell asleep on the bed trying to read the Wave Theory. I re-read the earlier pages to refresh, then read a little bit more and re-read the part just read again to try to commit to memory. At this stage, cos I am just reading the theory, certain things dont stick. When I have somewhat finshed, then its my turn to try Charting and reading them.

I woke up again and it was 9.30am. Login to poems and saw the amount outstanding for the yesterday's glitches... Signz. I had come to a 'somewhat' accounting solution.

I had 5 lots bought earlier under LT portfolio. That I would 'transfer' to ST portfolio instead (help to lower average cost of lots) and then 'transfer' 10 lots bought at higher prices to LT portfolio.

Effectively, I am 'using LT funds' to invest in more lots. Then the other 10 lots plus the 5 cheaper lots, I put under ST portfolio to do trading. Helped to lessen the amount of ST funds used, still have a little bit of ST funds left...

Anyway all those things above are just 'Accounting' methods to make the picture more rosey... I am sure for those who are more knowledgeable, they realize the 'NETT' effect is the same, which is the undeniable fact that I had many many lots and a huge chunk of investment capital in it...
________________________________________

Using Uru, I was checking through the Apple applications. There are quite a number of free ones I wanna get, but dont have account... Bubu... Then there are seriously bizarre ones. Think there are useful ones, eg financial news, 4D, Toto numbers, guitar, games etc. Only see a couple of paid ones that I might be interested.

No comments: