Sunday, June 07, 2009

Date crashing, Beach bumming and Furniture hunting

A busy busy day indeed.

I woke up, shortly after brushing my teeth and washing my face, my dad asked me if I wanted to go to IMM. Since my holidays have finally officially started, I decided to go. I drank my water and changed to go.

He was sending my sister for her Er Hu lesson, then turn and drive to IMM. We ate breakfast, went banking to clarify issues and shopped at Giant. I chanced upon long and short burmudas, bought 5 at a shot, $5 each, 4 shorter, 1 longer. Also bought 2 sleeveless tops, $7 each for the bloody hot weather. My older sleeveless going-out shirts seemed to have fallen out of shape with age.

My plan after I reached home, changed out, was to catch up with some sleep. Still feeling the effects of fatique and was lying in bed listening to my FF music (still havent finished the 5 albums)

Shortly, I heard my phone and picked up. It was Quetzal, she's near my home, heading to East Coast, meeting up with Tab to go 'crash' Candle and FH's "date". Huh? Okay, I got dressed and picked out a long bermuda and the white sleeveless top to wear. The weather is bloody sunny and hot, plus going to East Coast, a fitting outfit.

My youngest sister suggested excitely to buy the Swirve Board, that we tried the other time. Its $79. We decided to share between us both, but all 3 of us can use. Okay, I headed out with my visor (man, its really nice to wear something to block out the sun, really worth the money for the visor)

We headed to Tab's place. Her dad's reaction when he saw Quetzal and me was "Where are you going?" Cos I was obviously very casual, Quetzal smart-casual and Tab was kinda Orchard-going clothes. After that, we headed to buy cat food and litter sand. Brought them up to her place and she changed into more casual clothes. Then we headed down to East Coast.

Its a nice sunny and hot day. The type where the skies are very clear with a bit of clouds, and the sun shines hotly down upon you. There were many many people at the beach as usual. We headed to eat Korean BBQ, though the 3 of us had set lunch, FH and Candle shared the BBQ. I stuck to my no-beef policy. The food was surprisingly good.

After, we headed to the shop I saw the other time and bought a Red swirveboard, with a set of guards (after they reminded me, I was not getting any younger) Then I had to "demo" to them what I had "achieved" the other time. Previously had less than an hour of practice with my sisters when we rented 2 swirveboards.

I could mount the board rather easily, but getting it to swirve is another thingy. I was doing the more 'S' shape thingy (which they termed butt-shaking) but a lady stopped and gave some pointers, watched that she alternated her feet only. Hmm... that is something I have to practice and work on. I think I have done pretty well with less than 1 hour under my belt.

After they had their fun taking photos, videos... we headed to the coffee bean to stone in air con. Man, its really nice to stone away from the sunny sun. Near 5pm, we headed to Candle's area to search for Quetzal's bedframe. She needed one.

I had never done such intensive furniture shopping before. After we headed to Kaki Bukit industrial where there were a few warehouse/clearing sale. The most out-of-the-world experience came when we took the cargo lift, which seriously is kinda creepy, like those in-the-movies either supernatural or action film, whereby something pops up. LOL, the other out-of-world experience came when the cargo lift opened to this funky-looking furniture place, complete with bit of disco lighting and funky music. We were so surprised, with the WTH face? Huh?

After that, we drove to another place that had 2-3 furniture retailers but they were closed by then. Then picked up IR and headed to eat at Chomp chomp. After, I dropped off at Bishan and made my way home. I stoned on the bus back and it was either a quicker ride or I was so zonked out that I didnt realized time passing by. Reached home in one piece, bathed and now online.

Tom I WILL tidy up my outside table and my bedroom. There are serious things to throw, or give to Salvation Army. I need to clear space, make my things more organized, clear away those seriously old things that I didnt use for many years. A more organized place for me to "work", play, think and live in. Though the "work" I refered to refer more others than my real work.

No comments: