Monday, December 20, 2010

Fri, Sat of Mold-airing

Finally got a chance to 'air' the moldy self by heading out with friends over two days.

On Fri, we met up for dinner. I met Tab first and we settled in this potatoe place for some potatoes and salad. I was ranting about the irritation I encountered with Headless then Tab helped me out by giving me her perspective on it. That helped alot. Then we walked around a bit, looking for suitable Christmas presents for her family. Later we met Quetzal for raman dinner at Nantsutei, got various updates about the wedding and the happenings. We shopped around Parco, they got some christmas presents, and both bought that sky-blue dress from that designer cos it was going for 30% discount. We bought bottles of carbonated sake drinks and headed to the top of the Esplanade. Then Tab taught both of us how to say sentences in UK accent. I practiced the 2-3 lines and would use it on Headless the next time she give me broken vague 1-liner instructions. Quetzal sent us home after.

On Sat, I headed for guitar lesson. It has now been converted to electric guitar since 3 lessons ago. I was informed by the counter that my guitar has arrived. I bought the package from the school because I know nuts about electric guitar. No point rushing in to buy an expensive one and later found out I bought a troublesome model. Also at this point, I am just playing power chords. No point getting a $1k one and just play that.... when I more "zai" (skilled) then I get a better one. Also its much less hassle to buy from the school. Its the exact same model used in our lessons. Except I decided to get a different colour. We used the black one, so I decided to get the blue one, so I wont associate the colours as class guitar and the feeling of 'practising at the school'. Everything else is the same. Its not as rock cos there's no double humbuckle, aka the powerful pickup that makes the guitar more rock. But again for my current skills, its enough. Mine are all single pickup. Slowly picking up terms and knowledge from instructor as we start the lesson. So far so good, keeping fingers crossed.

So after guitar classes, I received my guitar and carried it plus the amplifier, to meet my sister, Geoky at the Guan Ying temple. Its to go and give thanks for the blessings this year, and to ask for continued blessing for the new year ahead. On my way over, it rained heavily. I forgot to bring umbrella and had to buy one from those cheap cheap shops. Got a butt ugly pirated Hello Kitty umbrella. So I used that to walk over to the temple. My sister arrived much earlier and I told her to go ahead to pray first. So I just lit the incense and gave donation plus took a tailsman. Then we headed to eat lunch nearby.She got her keyboard lessons after and left. I headed to Illuma to 'kill time' before the dinner meet-up.

I looked around and needed the atm machine cos I had run very very low on cash after the donation and lunch. Just had a couple of bucks left but the only atm in Illuma had run out of cash... I decided to check out the theatre first to see if there's any suitable timing movie that I could catch, that would end just in time. There was, Rapunzel. There was half an hour more then, so I walked over to Bugis to draw cash and then slowly walked back to Illuma via the linking bridge. There was such a huge throng of people in Bugis Junction. Full of christmas shoppers. Didnt felt like doing much cos I was carrying my bag, guitar bag plus an amplifier in a bag on hand. Walked back to Illuma and still had time to buy tickets, go toilet and settle the ang baos that was to be passed back to Tab from the gate-crashing. I purposely chose a seat at the extreme side, near the wall so that I could lean all my stuff against it. The movie was very good! Humourous and quite fast-paced. Very enjoyable way of spending 1.5hrs at an economical price of $10. Think besides Lan gaming at about $2 an hour, watching a movie seems to be the next most economical way of killing hours at a relatively low price. Walking around shopping and eventually having to sit and drink something would cost so much more.

After the movie, I made my way over the bridge again to the mrt to head to meet up for the dinner. Got a ride from FH. This time sat infront and saw all the buttons for the seat. Looked out straight for the window button in case... but didnt have to use it. I was glad to be able to put down the guitar and amp in the car. Dinner was pretty good, liked the sauce for the crayfish, herbal chicken soup most. But its been quite a long while since I've ate so much spicy stuff. Not that it was too hot for me, but cos there were at least 4 spicy dishes of sea food, a bit too much. As after a while, all the unique spicy dishes blended together, until I cant remember which was most impressionable. Also my stomach was a bit aching after that. Too much spice cos I had drastically cut down the amount of spicy food I ate over the years upon advise from mom that spicy food would aggravate my cough. We headed for dessert after and I had this Sencha tea and taste a bit of the 4 slices of cakes ordered. Got a ride home from FH. Thanks!

Sunday, I opened up the electric guitar package and set it up. Practiced a bit. Then went online to find the tabs for "Sunshine of Your Love", Tab would remember this song cos that was what I learnt so many years ago in yamaha music school before the whole fiasco. Well, its really an easy song at that, though I was playing with a lot of noise, due to less than perfect left-hand and right-hand muting. Well it beats playing Chinese rock songs, the one which is my homework, which I've never hear before... Will have 2 weeks time to figure out the song. Wanted to do "Sweet Child of Mine" introd but doesnt sound like.... better check out whether the tabs I printed was correct. Didnt do much besides, eat, watch Bones and Dexter recorded and then some electric guitar playing. Didnt go exercise AT ALL... again. Guess after 2 days of 'airing' am contented to stay home to mold again... But did feel very tired but didnt sleep extra at all...

So regret it this morning when I woke up. I was thinking... "what day is this?" Oh, its a Monday and I have to work. Then got up and ready. Feeling quite out of it. But okay lah, I try to tell myself its a new week, a new start, the last week of work! Wont let anyone spoil my mood. Had 3 lessons and one was with Headless. But she repeated the same activity as last week, meaning she dont have to give me new instructions on what to do, so I didnt have the chance to use my UK lines. Can leave that for next term. So I am in a pretty decent mood, except for feeling tired. But after 1pm, I literally had nothing much else to do. I was monitoring constantly the stock market to see if the buy and sell orders went through, as usual, in current market, its easier to buy than sell. So buy went through, sell still waiting for prices to rise a bit more to my target. Oh well, this whole week, I will be keying in to sell those. Need that final sale to hit $15k target...

So I spent some short time blogging in the free period that I had. Hid upstairs in the kitchen and stone and What's up, FB, check stocks, surf until my batteries were at 39%. Borrowed a collegue's charger, so now its full. Am continuing this entry cos didnt finish just now. Left 1hr to kill. I dont want to ask to help cos that would involve Headless again. I dont want to spoil my own mood plus she didnt ask for help. So I pretend I dont know what is happening and just mind my own biz. Even though its freaking obvious cos I can see when I look over to my left. But I still wanna pretend to be oblivious. Sometimes its easier for them that we dont ask cos whenever we ask, they cant say no. So they have to run around and try to give us work. In Headless case, I rather not, though I wont mind to help the rest due to the way she operates. I rather make things easier for myself since others dont do that for me.

Last time during such times, I would be trying out new recipes in the kitchen cos with at least 3hrs, can try more complicated reicpes. but cos my collegue is away on medical leave reasons, it doesnt feel right to be using the kitchen without her around. Plus I used up the perishable ingredients already. So leave that for next term to continue those cooking experiments. There was once, when I asked another collegue to lend me an acoustic guitar cos I was bored out of my wits. So he was very nice, opened up the room, tuned an acoustic for me and let me use the studio. That guitar was very easy on the fingers... good guitar unlike my budget one. But I dont want to disturb that collegue again. People not like me this free...

So now I am looking at stocks, what's up-ing and blogging.

No comments: