Monday, December 06, 2010

Monday day-off

Working on a Sunday is surreal especially when one is sick plus lack of sleep. Well I would say that for a good friend's special day, once in a lifetime, it's worth it but I did have to struggle through parts when the flu flared up.

Some interesting points worth mentioning:

That Blueberry Merlot from NTUC @ $9.80 is very good. 6% alcohol and taste pike sparkling juice but tastier. I bought that as my "cough medicine" after I met Tab in J8 for dinner and after that buying the remaining items needed for the 'Gate-crashing' on Sat. Initially on the bus over, I felt real sickly but after dinner, better. Almost back to normal after drinking most of that blue-berry Merlot while preparing the bitter-gourd, chilli, lemon with Krynnder's help.

I dug out the clothes bought for the session to iron them properly but actually accidentally 'ironed' my thigh when my thigh accidentally came into contact with the hot iron. I have a 3-inch long and 1cm width wound on my upper thigh. Ouchy! It's still there, quite red. Called that "murphy's law" striking again. Ate my last bits of meds and slept abt 1.30am.

Woke up at 6.25am and got ready, including hair and make-up. Dabaoed breakfast n hopped on a cab to fetch Krynnder at 7.30am. Bought coffee at the nearby 7-11 cos both of us very stoned from the nite before plus both of us have to wake early on Sunday, the following day due to work. I have to wake at 7am, she got to reach the airport by seven. Tab's keys ended up in my possession from the day before, so we let ourselves in. We joked what would happen if we had the only keys? Thankfully not. Ate without misadventure. Had to be very careful due to the white clothes.

I turned down twice Tab's suggestion to elope on the eve of her wedding and the wedding day itself when we were ready for the gate-crashing. No am not interested. No point trying.

Despite eating breakfast, we got hungry during the reception duty at the church. Never had a Mac hushbrown been so delicious in my life. Think the amount of events, plus rain made one hungry. There was quite a bit of wise-cracking to kill the time, though the bulk was whether we would be stuck by lightning for joking around in the holy place. But the technicality of being outside the main part meant us being safe. Missed the entire mass but its okay. Didnt want to risk joking inside and really getting struck by lightning.

Bought another bottle of Merlot but it's not the same one from Cold Storage after finally gaining access to the Jie Mei's room. I changed out and headed to look for food. Still hungry after the MOS. Settled for soup spoon and that Wolf Blass Red label Merlot @ 13.5% alcohol. It's heavily discounted, supposed to be $42-45 but reduced to $24.50 and it's a 1-litre bottle. It taste pretty good but I prefer it chilled and icey instead of warm. Went back to the room and then had a quick and thorough bath and got ready for the tea ceremony.

FH's girlfriend watched me go through half the bottle after I ate the soup in Tab's room while waiting for them to get ready for the tea ceremony. We chatted happily about make-up and jiu-liang (alcohol limit) cos she watched me go through 2 glasses very quickly. A nice girl, and she helped greatly during the tea ceremony helping to record who gave ang bao n jewellery. I didnt think I could handle having to take pics, keep the valuables plus record on paper. But the task was completed without much glitch though I was in a happily relaxed mode. World not spinning and can still walk straight, can think but just very relaxed. The big glitch was the safe not working. So after several tries, had to go to put into Jie Mei room safe but got misadventure cos Caro used the safe and neglected to inform us of the code. But managed to find in the end so that part was done. FH's gf also helped alot later during the evening reception duty, as she can ask them in malay for names.

My 'cough mixture' effects wore out by the time the 1st dish was served. Didnt drink much, only drank a beer and 2 chinese tea and an orange juice. The serving not prompt and our glasses were left rather empty for long cos of the immense number of people. Later after everything, transferred the tea ceremony valuables to the safe in the bride's room, only after having to call for valet and then getting technician to replace the battery in the unit. After that was done. Stayed on a bit more to drink another glass of Merlot. I left around 2.40am and reached home and slept near 3.30am.

Woke up at 7am the next day for a full day of work. Really sickly then, flu came back with a vengence. I managed to make it through but waiting for the clock to strike 5pm, I fell asleep on my table for 20mins. Really by then too sick to care about killing time productively.

No comments: