Sunday, November 02, 2008

Work all duly forgotten when I reach home for the weekends

Guess this happens to all.

Had dabaoed work to do, some to mark, some for admin. But all the plans of working over the weekend were duly forgotten once I've reached home and dumped my work bags to one side.The thinking was there's still two more days, surely I could do some tomorrow on sat. How wrong that is.

On Sat, my Dad suddenly offered to drive us to Citysquare to do shopping. Couldnt do banking cos banks in msia also on 5-day week. Had owe him some ringgit that I need to transfer to him. Should be going in somewhere again near 20th Nov on a weekday to do so.

K my dad had thought that last week was a long weekend so most would have gone in by then and didnt expect any jams. Wrong. We had to jam for 1hr to go in. Cos mainly of 'ugly singaporean road behaviour', no offence but not all are singaporeans but its just a term. Many cars jumped queue and caused a jam. They got ahead at other pple's expense. Ugly.

But the shopping was good. Too good for me in fact... I had brought along RM$500, and spent $320. Now need to change more RM cos that 500 was intended to be banked in. First we ate cos by the time we arrived, we were all hungry. Then we walked through the 5 levels. Interestingly, there is a section on the 4th and 5th floor that is developed into a Youth area, much like Hereen and Cineleisure. We didnt go in for the past few visits. This time we did.

Found the stalls, quite a few and bought discs. I am now trying to pia ThunderCats. A very old cartoon that I've grown up with. Many titles. How lucky one is to live in Msia with the numerous animes. Oh well. That's RM$100 gone.

Then went to Popular bookshop and bought stuff, mainly token presents for my class. Its a reward for their teamwork and final year results. A couple of stationary items for myself, thats RM$75 liao.

Went to the BodyShop there, and pleasantly surprised to find Oceanus perfume still around. But I bought the Gardenia scent, RM$79 I asked about the continuation of the Oceanus series, they told me they only have perfume and some lotion left. No more of body lotion and it will be discountinued soon. So hurry for Oceanus lovers.

Oh yar also bought some food back. Namely the delicious Portugese Egg tart from the outlet on the 3rd floor and a half chicken set. Also bought a pack of snacks from the Popular. Its a jap snack and it is less salty and tastes a bit like Mamee. Its quickly finished by the family. Next time will buy more. So thats about Rm$40 in all.

My sister bought 2 new pairs of jeans for RM$186, about $40 per pair. Kinda cheap if you consider the prices of the same pair in sg. Its from one of those outlets like Baleno, Samuel and Keith type. Maybe I should have done the same but didnt feel like buying jeans yet.

Other sister was buying plushies for her collegues as a return gift. Some are cheaper, others are the same price as in sg.

Then we came back, but sian again, kena jammed for 50mins. Both the jams occur at the Sg end of the causeway. They kinda strict with the checking to find Mas Selamat. Dunno if he had already escaped? So after all these, we came back near 5.30pm. Didnt feel like doing work. Regaled it to Sunday. Instead went to pia Thundercats.

Sunday is another day of not-working cos didnt feel like it. Continued my marathon and kept on eating non-stop... Sian. Had lost a bit of weight, still got a long way to go but this binge-eating is going to set me back. Sian. BUT what to do? Also didnt go to gym again cos woke up hungry. Then through the afternoon, just kept eating. Feel alseep later in the evening. And then its almost dinner time. Signz. Gluttony at its worst. Just have to restrain myself over dinner. Had a bowl of rice and sadly a Brown Cow. Man, now I am just going to drink tea and fill up that bottomless hole of a stomach. Work is now again postponed to tomorrow. Try to go in much earlier than usual to do it.

No comments: